Buying a Lexus GX 460 at Invoice

2,849 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by drumboy
Billy Foster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for feedback on buying a Lexus at invoice. Will be our first time buying one and we have started our search/decided on our package and colors. I want to buy this month and have found that the few dealerships in Austin (live here) and Ft. Worth are only quoting deals from MSRP (less incentives). I have researched most available info on invoice pricing (including FightingChance, Edmunds, NADA, etc at) and feel comfortable with my starting point. Can any of the Lexus owners on here give me some tips on how you've done your deals. Starting to feel like the limited number of dealers is hindering my ability to create a pricing competition.
Dr. Nefario
If you can't afford to pay $5k over MSRP, you can't afford a Lexus.

/dewshy Lexus owners
Aggiemike96
AG
Billy Foster said:

Starting to feel like the limited number of dealers is hindering my ability to create a pricing competition.
Exactly Toyota's goal.
GTBullitt68
AG
Bought a 2016 GX460 premium last year for $50,500 and stickered at $56k. Just bought a 2017 luxury for my mom for $56k stickered at $64k. My 2016 came out of Houston from Sterling McCall in Houston and the 2017 came from Sewell Fort Worth.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
My friend is a Sales Mgr at Westside in Houston if you want his contact info.

Not sure what kind of deals he cuts but may be worth a try.
The Wonderer
AG
Billy Foster said:

Looking for feedback on buying a Lexus at invoice. Will be our first time buying one and we have started our search/decided on our package and colors. I want to buy this month and have found that the few dealerships in Austin (live here) and Ft. Worth are only quoting deals from MSRP (less incentives). I have researched most available info on invoice pricing (including FightingChance, Edmunds, NADA, etc at) and feel comfortable with my starting point. Can any of the Lexus owners on here give me some tips on how you've done your deals. Starting to feel like the limited number of dealers is hindering my ability to create a pricing competition.
look it up on truecar.com

Corps_Ag12
AG
Paging TitanAGGIE09
Billy Foster
AG
Thanks Guys.

1ags, I wouldn't mind getting that info. I know your email has been posted before. Will find it and contact you .
drumboy
AG
Only input from me is those damn things are made of gold after trying to get one post Harvey. Ended up with a QX56 for $10k less than a used GX.

Still kinda want a GX.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
If you talked to our store in FW shoot me an email with the details and who you talked to and I'll help. Or if you talked to someone else still shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

shays@sewell.com
Diet Cokehead
AG
Don't limit yourself to dealers in the area or even the state. Shop dealers nationwide.
380sl
We bought my wife's GX 460 at Sewell in Dallas a couple of years ago below MSRP. Very easy to deal with.

Try buying through Costco. My mother is on her 7th Lexus. She bought her last one through Costco. She picked it up at the same dealer in Austin where she had bought the previous 6, but she was able to buy it for several thousand cheaper and got 0% financing.
permabull
AG
DRE06
AG
GX 460 is so sweet.

Until you see the inside. Interior is stuck in 2005.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Yep. We would have gotten one, but my wife couldn't get over the terribly outdated interior. Our dealer told us they have been considering killing the model and so they haven't done an interior refresh. It's bad.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Which is interesting because since its introduction in 2010, its almost doubled its sales.

I hear that this J150 will stay around till 2020.

I still think its a pretty good vehicle. Just hard to hide its J150 Land Cruiser roots no matter how much leather and wood you put in it.
drumboy
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Which is interesting because since its introduction in 2010, its almost doubled its sales.

I hear that this J150 will stay around till 2020.

I still think its a pretty good vehicle. Just hard to hide its J150 Land Cruiser roots no matter how much leather and wood you put in it.
Yeah, my wife wanted one but they're so freaking expensive and not all that big. She's high maintenance and was fine w/ the interior but she was used to her 2011 Infiniti.

I kind of think they're like a Land Cruiser/LX570 and see the upside of the platform and 4wd making the interior acceptable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.