Houston detailing

3,881 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 07fta07
07fta07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm wanting to get my wife's Edge detailed for Christmas (before or after is fine). I know there are some guys on here who do that in the Houston area, but I can't remember who.

Is anyone interested? If not, any suggestions on where to take it?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
We had some weekend warriors on Texags, but they seemed to have all gone quiet.

Clarity is a very popular one, and they have really good reviews as well. I think they're in the Cypress area.

Active auto detailing has caught my attention recently as well. They do lots of high end stuff and their photos and reviews are pretty amazing.

I still DIY 90% myself, but I may let clarity have a shot at my E55 one day.
The Wonderer
AG
Watching because I need to get my 335is done. Ferking black paint...
robertcope
Brent at Active Auto Detailing is awesome. Very low key operation but don't let that scare you. He does crazy good work. He did my NSX this week: https://photos.app.goo.gl/etPz2KbDQBwXbSG52

I don't want to speak for him, but my gut says he doesn't really want to be doing "normal cars". I don't take him my wife's Rabbit or Expedition, for example. Maybe I'm overthinking it, though, but it would seem a waste of his talent to me.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
robertcope said:

I don't want to speak for him, but my gut says he doesn't really want to be doing "normal cars". I don't take him my wife's Rabbit or Expedition, for example. Maybe I'm overthinking it, though, but it would seem a waste of his talent to me.
Maybe he doesnt want to mess with a peasant E55 either...sigh...
The Wonderer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

robertcope said:

Yeah, not exactly a normal car..
BeastmodeAg
AG
Watching.. need my 4 door GMC Sierra detailed.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The Wonderer said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

robertcope said:

Yeah, not exactly a normal car..
Aggie1806
AG
Bob Kelso is the man in Houston for the job! Amazing results...
BeastmodeAg
AG
Details?
whitespikes06
AG
Clarity did my GMC 4 door truck. Very good work. Expensive but worth every penny in maintenance post detail.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Any recommendations in Midland?

I kid, I kid.
07fta07
AG
What's a ballpark price to expect from Clarity?
whitespikes06
AG
Just north of 1k. That included a detail of interior with polish and Cquartz on exterior. You can choose different packages but it's been the best and longest lasting detail I have had. I use CarPro Reload about once a month to keep it up.

Eta - If you're thinking about it, get on his list. The time I went he was booked up about two weeks out.
CATAGBQ04
AG
I'm retired
reddog90
AG
Steve with Ultimate Detailing out of League City.
big ben
AG
Gave it up, still have all my stuff but just isn't worth my time anymore
Fat Tony
AG
robertcope said:

Brent at Active Auto Detailing is awesome. Very low key operation but don't let that scare you. He does crazy good work. He did my NSX this week: https://photos.app.goo.gl/etPz2KbDQBwXbSG52

Thanks. How much can we expect to pay for Level 1, 2, or 3? I checked their website but did not notice any pricing info.

http://www.activeautodetailing.com/
BeastmodeAg
AG
Us lolpoors need a detail under 500...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

DIY?

You're young and energetic.
Bob Kelso
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

Hah! I'll work on your vehicle all weekend for $500. I quote Ags 200-300 all the time and they back out.

And I do a 1 to 2 stage depending on the panels.
07fta07
AG
I'm in. Shoot me an email 85bk07 at gmail. Sometime this month would be great but if you can't get to it until January that's ok also.
The Wonderer
AG
Bob Kelso said:

BeastmodeAg said:

Hah! I'll work on your vehicle all weekend for $500. I quote Ags 200-300 all the time and they back out.

And I do a 1 to 2 stage depending on the panels.
Damn, I'll hit you up after I get the body work done early next year.
robertcope
Fat Tony said:

robertcope said:

Thanks. How much can we expect to pay for Level 1, 2, or 3? I checked their website but did not notice any pricing info.

http://www.activeautodetailing.com/
I cannot speak to pricing other than to say that I pay $500 for the works, including two layers of Ceramic Pro and a sealant on top of that. Whether that is normal pricing or "I like NSX" pricing, I have no idea. Call him and ask!
07fta07
AG
Bob, you interested in doing a detail next month?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Is he shampooing carpet and floor mats and doing all the interior stuff for 500? Or just the outside?
Bob Kelso
AG
Need to order some new cutting pads and get some jet seal 109. I'll let the holidays to pass by before ordering and then I'll contact you. You're in Houston area, correct?
Bob Kelso
AG
I vacuum and dust all the panels, dash, and air vents.

Wipe all the grime off of the interior panels, get into the cracks of seats. If there is years of neglect on the carpet, I may be able to get most of it out. I have the shampoo and brushes to irritate most dirt out. I'll then shop vac over the suds. Leaves a nice scent to the interior.
07fta07
AG
Yea, NW Houston area.

85bk07 at g mail
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.