Any dealers who go to auctions on here?

1,376 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Carny89
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We had a vehicle totaled, looking for a replacement. Found one we liked and price had dropped $5k in past month, reached out to dealer yesterday but after back and forth they said "oh it just got sent to auction". It was in McAllen, not sure if that determines which auction it goes to. If I shared a VIN is there a dealer on here that could grab it for me for a fee? Long shot but never give up.
reproag
AG
They can get the vehicle back unless it already sold at the auction.
dlp3719
AG
Paging Mookie...
Mookie
AG
There are no Friday auctions in Texas. No one sends a retailable car to auction on a Thursday afternoon. There's something else to the story. What dealer and what kind of car?
Complete Idiot
Mookie said:

There are no Friday auctions in Texas. No one sends a retailable car to auction on a Thursday afternoon. There's something else to the story. What dealer and what kind of car?

I agree, it was a bit fishy. It was Clark Knapp Honda and they only told me that after stating the car couldn't be Honda Certified, I think they didn't want to answer questions about a carfax blemish
Mookie
AG
There's the rest of the story... they probably found frame damage they didn't want to disclose to you. Oh well, maybe Texas direct will but it and you can just get it from them.
Carny89
Midway in Waco is a Friday morning sale. McAllen is Thursday I believe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.