New F-150- Alarm Question

1,324 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AlaskanAg08
AlaskanAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dealership was unable to really explain an answer to my question, so I thought I'd reach out to TexAgs (PAGING 1Ags!)

What does the alarm do on my 2017 F-150 King Ranch? My last Ford and GMC trucks were broken in to multiple times, and even when the glass was broken out, the alarm never went off. My salesperson said the truck has shock sensors and perimeter sensors, but how the hell do those work? I didn't get a manual with my truck (they are ordering one for me) so I can't reference that right now and the google machine was less than helpful.

Finally- If the alarm that comes standard sucks, is it possible to get an alarm that will work with my wireless key fob/remote start that will go off when my door handles are pulled? Not beep, not blink a light, i mean go bat **** crazy, wake up the entire block.

Needless to say, I'm wound up about the alarm thing. I've had the truck 2 weeks and already had 2 people try to break in by pulling door handles and looking inside.

TL/DR: Inner Looper, truck doesn't fit in garage, does my factory alarm do anything? If not, what should I get?

Rule 1 coming.....
AlaskanAg08
AG

KellerAg98
Picard
AG
Hot damn that's a nice lookin' truck!

BrazosDog02
AG
I could be completely wrong, but there is no alarm on these trucks. There is keyless entry, security built into the keys and stuff, but there is no alarm. I've had top trim levels on more than a few Ford trucks and expeditions and they have never had an alarm. If you lock it twice, the horn will chirp to let you know it's already locked.

I hope I'm wrong on the NEW NEW ones, 1ags will be along shortly to straighten you right out.
87IE
AG
A few years ago I had one of these ford alarms installed in my 2010 F150.

I had a dealer install it and it uses your key fob..
AlaskanAg08
AG
Well I thought that too, but when I turn the truck off, an alarm box comes up on the cluster and allows you to select all systems or perimeter sensors. I cant quite figure out what that means.
BrazosDog02
AG
Hmmm....well, have you tested it? That's what I'd do to know if it's worth a damn. I think 1ags said perimeter sensors were junk.....

Select all sensors, wait a few minutes,, then out a jack under it like your going to change a tire....hit the bumpers, bump the door near the lock...stuff like that. Good to know something comes from factory though!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Your "peremiter alarm" sadly is grossly inadequate. As are almost all OEM alarms, regardless or make.

I installed a Ford "piggy back" type system on my super duty with an adjustable shock sensor.

So now, if I open the door with the key manually (which would be like someone opening the door by punching the lock or unlocking it from the inside via locksmith or breaking the glass and opening the door, the 4.2" screen on the cluster will warn you to start the truck to prevent the alarm from going off. I think its 5 seconds, then the horn starts honking and flashing the lights.

Its not as good as an aftermarket unit, but better than the OEM alarm.

I've installed about 7 or 8 of these for Texags folks in their new Super Duty and F150 trucks.

Cost is less than 200 bucks. USually can find them for even less.

This + Jimmi Jammers + Hose clamp for your tailgate + wheel locks will make lazy theives walk. The desperate ones will still get whatever they want.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
AlaskanAg08 said:

Well I thought that too, but when I turn the truck off, an alarm box comes up on the cluster and allows you to select all systems or perimeter sensors. I cant quite figure out what that means.
Pic Pls
AlaskanAg08
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.