310,000 Sienna Minivans recalled for slipping out of gear

770 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sweet Kitten Feet
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling about 310,000 Sienna minivans in the U.S. to fix shift levers that could move out of park, perhaps causing the vehicle to roll away.

The recall affects 2005-07, 2009 and 2010 Siennas, the automaker's North American unit said Wednesday in a statement.

"Grease inside the shift lever assembly could transfer to other internal components," causing them to malfunction, Toyota said. The problem may cause the shift lever to slip out of park without the brake being pressed. This could cause the vehicle to roll away and may lead to a crash.

The company said Toyota dealers will remove and replace an "appropriate amount" of grease and replace the shift lock solenoid.

Last year, Toyota pulled about 744,000 Sienna minivans in the U.S. because of a problem that causes sliding doors to open while the vehicle is moving.

AgEng06
AG
Swagger Wagon down!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Whew. My swagger wagon is spared. I got the sliding door recall though that I gotta take care of.
fourth deck
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Whew. My swagger wagon is spared. I got the sliding door recall though that I gotta take care of.
I'm in the same boat. After looking up the fix for the door issue, I'm reluctant to get it done though. The failure was reported in cases where the door had frozen shut and the fix is to tear apart the inside of the car to install new wiring harnesses.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
fourth deck said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I'm in the same boat. After looking up the fix for the door issue, I'm reluctant to get it done though. The failure was reported in cases where the door had frozen shut and the fix is to tear apart the inside of the car to install new wiring harnesses.
Well maybe they can vacuum out all the Cheezit crumbs while they do that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.