Flat tire help

721 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Silvy
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who do you recommend for flat tire help in the B/CS area?

My girlfriend called me yesterday concerned about her driver's side rear tire. Pics below. No obvious nail/screw/foreign object, puncture, slash, sidewall damage, or valve-stem issues. Valve stem is covered with a non-crappy screw on cover. Tire pressure was checked and adjusted Monday afternoon.

Pics

I'd love a recommendation for someone who could look at this without charging an arm and leg. Tires were originally bought at Goodyear in Dallas but the local store has no info. on warranty. Bonus points if y'all can recommend a chain (since we travel to Dallas frequently).

Thanks for your help!
aTm2004
AG
Take it to Discount/NTB/etc and have them take a look at it. There probably is a nail or something that is causing it to go flat.
CanyonAg77
AG
Discount will take care of her. But you could also contact the store in Dallas and have them send new warranty info. I'm a little surprised/amused at the upset. Tires used to go flat all the time. You didn't panic, you just had them fixed. Tires today are a lot more resistant to flats and/or the roads are better. But you can still pick up little nails and crap that don't show from the outside,

Buy her a tire gauge and have teach her how to check the pressures.
AggieBarstool
CanyonAg77 said:

Discount will take care of her. But you could also contact the store in Dallas and have them send new warranty info. I'm a little surprised/amused at the upset. Tires used to go flat all the time. You didn't panic, you just had them fixed. Tires today are a lot more resistant to flats and/or the roads are better. But you can still pick up little nails and crap that don't show from the outside,

Buy her a tire gauge and have teach her how to check the pressures.
What are you talking about? No one said anything about being upset. She had me come help her because she was in dress clothes and about to head to an event. I was nearby so I helped her. She's perfectly capable of doing this herself (and even had all the equipment out waiting for me to do the "dirty" part).

The shop in Dallas where the tires were first purchased is no longer in business and the local store can't pull info. on a warranty from a store they can't look up.
sts7049
AG
yeah, just go to discount. there is probably a nail or something you can't see.
CanyonAg77
AG
You didn't say that. Your OP sounded like neither of you had ever seen a flat in your life. Read it again, as someone who doesn't know you would read it.

Regarding the warranty, the local store is being lazy. Goodyear corporate should have any such info, I would think
AgEng06
AG
Nah man, that's just the cooler weather causing the pressure to drop. It will be fine once it warms up.
Silvy
AG
Hard to tell from pics, but it looks like there might be some run flat damage which would necessitate a new tire.

The good news is, that's a perfect opportunity to get something other than Goodyear.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.