Toyota Tundra Redesign

6,386 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgFromTN
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
coolerguy12 said:

It's all about having that back window roll down. There are benefits to being able to replace all the air in the truck in 2 seconds if you know what I mean.

Yeah that feature is awesome. Really can't believe that hasn't been a basic feature of most brand trucks for a long time. Have that in my '89 Bronco and we had it in our '05 4runner and lived it in those vehicles, too.
AgFromTN
AG
2019: Supra, diesel Tacoma, and RAV4 redesign
2020: is Tundra full redesign
2021: 4Runner redesign
No plans for a Sequoia redesign yet (aside from the mini facelift for 2018 shipping now)
saltydog13
AG
Where are you hearing diesel Tacoma?
AgFromTN
AG
Toyota National Dealer meeting in May
saltydog13
AG
awesome news.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I was looking at Tundras last week then sat in a Sequioa just for the heck of it. It impressed me more than the Tundra for some reason. I'll add... I'm hauling around a 5 year old and a 10 month old girl everywhere. I also have no idea how much it would tow.
Bob Kelso
AG
Any details on the 4Runner?
coolerguy12
AG
Sequoias are rated between 7000 and 7400 towing. I have never pulled anything heavy with ours but I hope the opurtunity presents itself so I can see what she is capable of.
Woods Ag
AG
Those dang hit-and-run Mexicans.. one got me a while back as well.
Aggietaco
AG
bam02 said:

Aggietaco said:

Buy a double cab Tundra and get a long bed. Not everyone needs a Dodge Megacab sized rear seat.

This. We have a '14 crewmax. Really like it overall, but often resent the short bed. Plus I think it looks dumb. For some reason, I didn't even consider the double cabs and really wish I would have. Enough room for us (kids 8 and 5 now) and a real bed.

The plan for my 07 was to tow a SAS'd Taco around so I never considered the crew Max. The double cab has enough room for my 6'2" self to ride comfortably, just not as comfortable as the crew Max or F150 cabs. The 6'6" bed is key though.
saltydog13
AG
SAS taco?? You on tacomaworld with a build thread of it?
ILikeTacos
AG
saltydog09 said:

That was a long time ago.

Aggietaco
AG
AG 07 said:

saltydog09 said:

That was a long time ago.

Back when I had time and money for a hobby.
TxAg20
AG
The 5.7 Land Cruiser is full time AWD.
pdtnation
AG
Is there any chance of a 4runner refresh prior to the 2021 new generation? I'm interested in one, but the infotainment tech is ancient. I know the Tacoma already has the new tech like the Land Cruiser refresh. I feel like the 4runner would be like going back in time from my 2012 Grand Cherokee.
MGS
spider96 said:

drumboy said:

spider96 said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

I went and looked at a few Tundras at the local dealership today. They are pretty dang nice. I sat in a CrewMax 1794 edition. I'm not sure what 1794 means. I was surprised how low it set to the ground compared to my F-150

Quote:

Founded on Texas Tradition
From horses and cattle to horsepower and trucks, the oldest working ranch in Texas becomes the first Texas pickup truck automotive plant.

Few places are as linked to the history of San Antonio and early Texas as the JLC Ranch.

In 1794, a young colonist from the Canary Islands, Juan Ignacio de Casanova, received a royal grant for a league of rolling pastureland between Leon Creek and the Medina River. On this fertile land, he established El Rancho de la Purisima Concepcion, and later expanded his holdings to more than 24,000 acres.

From what I understand him or his family running the ranch supported the wrong side in the Texas Revolution.
Viva La Reconquista!

They also supported the Spanish during the Mexican revolution. When you're rich like they were, you probably prefer the status quo.
spider96
AG
MGS said:

spider96 said:

drumboy said:

spider96 said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

I went and looked at a few Tundras at the local dealership today. They are pretty dang nice. I sat in a CrewMax 1794 edition. I'm not sure what 1794 means. I was surprised how low it set to the ground compared to my F-150

Quote:

Founded on Texas Tradition
From horses and cattle to horsepower and trucks, the oldest working ranch in Texas becomes the first Texas pickup truck automotive plant.

Few places are as linked to the history of San Antonio and early Texas as the JLC Ranch.

In 1794, a young colonist from the Canary Islands, Juan Ignacio de Casanova, received a royal grant for a league of rolling pastureland between Leon Creek and the Medina River. On this fertile land, he established El Rancho de la Purisima Concepcion, and later expanded his holdings to more than 24,000 acres.

From what I understand him or his family running the ranch supported the wrong side in the Texas Revolution.
Viva La Reconquista!

They also supported the Spanish during the Mexican revolution. When you're rich like they were, you probably prefer the status quo.

Doh! I should relearn my Texas History.
AgFromTN
AG
Bob Kelso said:

Any details on the 4Runner?
TMS is pretty tight-lipped on the 4-runner. That and its still a far piece down the road. I'm dreaming of the return of the V8, but highly doubtful.
AgFromTN
AG
pdtnation said:

Is there any chance of a 4runner refresh prior to the 2021 new generation? I'm interested in one, but the infotainment tech is ancient. I know the Tacoma already has the new tech like the Land Cruiser refresh. I feel like the 4runner would be like going back in time from my 2012 Grand Cherokee.
I just got out of a '17 4Runner and into an '18 highlander and it was step forward about 10 years in technology. Tundra and Sequoia got a little bit of a tech upgrade this year('18), so it wouldn't surprise me if 4Runner gets to snack on some crumbs before 2021.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.