New Volvo Polestar 1

1,749 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edit

I feel compelled to delete the pic and destroy this thread.

Screw chinese made cars.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Every time I see the word "Polestar"

Madman
AG

supercharged and turbocharged.
Madman
AG
Well im out.

Just determined it will be made in China.

https://www.slashgear.com/this-is-polestar-1-volvos-disruptive-performance-ev-17504267/

Im not buying a car made in China. Not now, not ever.
sts7049
AG
me likey.

(the car and 1ags pic)
Aero95
AG
That is a gorgeous car, but color me skeptical with that much power from 2 liters, not to mention turbo- and super-charging plus batteries? What could go wrong? And made in China?

Maybe silvy could LS swap it instead?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Aero95 said:

He was working on one yesterday, i believe.
KY AG
AG
Volvo has been owned by Geely for several years now...this is nothing new.
The Fife
Corps_Ag12 said:

Aero95 said:

He was working on one yesterday, i believe.
So it'll wrap up sometime around 2022?
vansprinkle
AG
Aero95 said:

That is a gorgeous car, but color me skeptical with that much power from 2 liters, not to mention turbo- and super-charging plus batteries? What could go wrong? And made in China?

They've been supercharging turbocharged cars for several years.

And cheap Chinese crap is getting better. There will have to be a ton of oversight for these cars, and I suppose it'll be good that they are making a more niche market car instead of a mass produced one.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
vansprinkle said:

Aero95 said:

And cheap Chinese crap is getting better. There will have to be a ton of oversight for these cars, and I suppose it'll be good that they are making a more niche market car instead of a mass produced one.
IIRC VW Also has a super + turbo arrangement in the 1.4L size, good for up to 180hp but nothing thats been offered stateside.
longeryak
vansprinkle said:

Aero95 said:

American once said the same thing about Japanese cars and Korean cars.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The Chinese car market is interesting. You have 5000 dollar tin cans next to Rolls Royce and Bentleys that cost over a mil due to import and engine tax.

Chinese brands have crap box cars and less crap box cars, but you can still get things there with no airbags and no seatbelts.

If you guys read the American car mag/website reviews about the Buick Enclave, one of the best selling cars in China, you'll see that what Chinese people snatch up for $60K USD per copy isn't very well liked stateside at $40K a copy + steep discounts. Things like hard cheap plastic, switchplates that are blanked out because you dindt get that option, and exposed fasteners are things that the Chinese buyers dont care about, but things that American buyers expect not to see anymore.

Chinese people love Buicks because its an American brand. GM even slapped Buick badges on some crappy ass Daewoos for a long time and the Chinese market snatched them up left and right.

The GL8, which uses Chevy Venture bones, (which was discontinued in the USA because it didn't meet the latest NHTSA Side impact standards) sells for upwards of $100,000USD in China, and is the equivalent to an Executive's transport in China. Up unitl last year, you could buy the 'old body style' buick that looked just like a venture van, for around 30K USD, with a 2.4L Ecotec I4 and cloth seats.

When a new body style comes out, they'll sell the old one along side it for a while. Sometimes years. The last gen XC90 is sold in China, right along side the new XC90. You can still buy a last gen Mondeo next to the current one. Toyota offers two types of Camrys...old and new. Sonata, 7th and 8th gen on the same showroom floor.

Its crazy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.