Auto Salvage prices

1,370 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rugbyman93
ENG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have slight hail damage on the hood of my truck and don't want to make a claim, was just going to do a search at local auto salvage yards. I found one, unblemished.

$877 for a hood on a 2005 Ford F-150.

That seems way out of the ball park for what I thought. Is that a price to just come pick it up? Does it make a difference if i come take it off myself?
txyaloo
AG
Is the yard a pick and pull? Some yards don't allow you to pull parts yourself. My local pick a part charges $70 for a late model hood. That's assuming you find one in good condition (hard to do), in the right color, and close to you. Sounds like it's an LKQ type place that has the parts already pulled and in inventory.

Start searching around on car-part.com for local yards. You may find a better deal
Aero95
AG
That sounds crazy high. I bought an entire salvage BMW for that much money.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Try this place
Flaith
AG
I usually search on car-part.com for used parts
Ag for Life
AG
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F371812734687
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Is it beyond PDR?
Rugbyman93
That sounds crazy high to me. Especially with the 100,000s of flooded vehicles that just recently hit the salvage market. While it might be complete overkill, might be worth buying a complete salvage vehicle take the parts you need and then sell the vehicle. Sounds crazy, but I've been watching the salvage auctions and stuff is going crazy cheap. Tons of vehicles trading for $300 or less (including fees) in CoPart auctions right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.