2018 Wrangler JL all but officially revealed

3,382 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Terk
Noblemen06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JLWranglerForums.com got a hold of the pdf files for the new JL's owner and user manuals, which pretty much jumps the gun on FCA's plans to save the JL reveal for this winter.

I haven't had a chance to read through the files yet but man, those fender-mounted turn signals are hideous. Rest of the Rubi on the cover looks like an awesome tweak to the JK styling, imo. I just hope a top of the line Rubicon doesn't clock in above $50K like some are speculating.

New dash:
chimpanzee
I get the whole idea of controlling information releases for marketing strategy and whatnot, but it seems like there is an awful lot of hype and secrecy around what looks like a very subtle change from a styling standpoint.

HumbleAg04
AG
They better not F up the JT. Want. Need.
Furlock Bones
AG
read through the docs a day ago. looks like it is going to be a pain in the ass to remove the hard top and the doors.
AggieOE12
AG
That screen doesn't look as big as most people were expecting. Looks to be similar size to the current one.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Really interested to see how that sliding hard top will work.
DadsanAG
Looks like a Jeep. Imagine that.
vansprinkle
AG
DadsanAG said:

Looks like a Jeep. Imagine that.
My thought exactly.
Tagguy
AG
Noblemen06 said:

I just hope a top of the line Rubicon doesn't clock in above $50K like some are speculating.
Keep hoping
easttexasaggie04
AG
Well that's a letdown.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wranglers all lookalike....
Finding X
Remember when you could go off road in a Jeep with the windows down and not freak out when something spashed in. Now you suddenly panic and have to pull out the steam cleaner to detail out the interior.

AgFromTN
AG
I'm really glad they added #7 to the key on the console picture. I was wondering what that round thing was on the left side
Goose
AG
AgFromTN said:

I'm really glad they added #7 to the key on the console picture. I was wondering what that round thing was on the left side

Conversely, there's the one for "multi function lever", which leaves it at just that...no mention of which functions that lever controls, but make no mistake - its more than one!
Goose
AG
Find X said:

Remember when you could go off road in a Jeep with the windows down and not freak out when something spashed in. Now you suddenly panic and have to pull out the steam cleaner to detail out the interior.

Agreed. Every time I see the options for leather seats, power windows/locks, and the touch screen in the dash, I'm baffled that anyone would choose a wrangler for their SUV rather than something with a quieter, smoother, overall more comfortable ride. But whatever, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Street Fighter
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Heresy!!!
AG
Find X said:

Sure do. Only had to worry about simple things like keeping the distributor dry or the carburetor at a reasonable angle.
AG
Goose said:

Agreed. Every time I see the options for leather seats, power windows/locks, and the touch screen in the dash, I'm baffled that anyone would choose a wrangler for their SUV rather than something with a quieter, smoother, overall more comfortable ride. But whatever, different strokes for different folks I guess.

What other choice do you have? G wagon? The rest are all independent suspension junk or heavy duty full size pickup trucks.
Terk
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Nah, some have two doors and some have four.

Some old ones had square headlights.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.