West Austin autonation Chevrolet sux

2,206 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiedata
FishingAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Emailed me three Tahoe colors, packages, pictures and prices.

Bought from them before. Got one good deal. The other was but great.

Actually they sent me six prices and packages. Ls and lt vehicles.

I picked one. Said I'd take it.

Suddenly the questions start up. Trade in? Financing?

No trade in. Bringing my money. The price went up on my car $3000. I tried to buy any of the six trucks. Lol. All six jumped $3000

How can you email pictures, prices and all the info then chAnge it when someone says " okay I'll take it".

It sure makes buying a car no fun. I can't stand these guys. Thought I was getting a good deal. They were just getting me in the store. I live 3 hours from there. Thank goodness I didn't drive over.

All they said was sorry we made a mistake. lol. Wish I could so that

Don't even want a Tahoe now. Think I'll go with something else

03_Aggie
They priced it with rebates for financing through them. Take the rebate and then pay it off when the first payment is due.
FishingAggie
I am financing the vehicle. I just use my bank because it's easier. Woukd they be charging a higher rate? They make their money off the extra points?

I guess they're in the credit business more than the car business. Man I love be paid up front. Guess 2%/10 doesn't apply in the car business.

I might try your idea. I'm so pissed right now I'm not sure I want a Chevy. Allthey had to do was be honest.
JAW3336
AG
Very common these days. Just finance with them make one or two.payments and refi. It won't cost you more than a few bucks.
hatchback
AG
I know in the grand scheme of things it's relatively minor, but when I did that with a VW dealer here in Dallas I ended up with 4 hard pulls on my credit report. The finance guy checked rates with several different "dealership" lenders before drawing up the paperwork. I was fairly displeased because I already had one after getting my own financing lined up.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I had 2 pulls 2 times ago. Hand them a document (you've copied) that authorizes only ONE pull of your report. If they protest, leave.
idAg09
Did they include some type of trade in rebate in their pricing? Might want to check on that too before they surprise you again.
The Lost
JAW3336 said:

Very common these days. Just finance with them make one or two.payments and refi. It won't cost you more than a few bucks.
For those of you who did the refi route (I did this for the rebate as mentioned above and am about to start the refi process) did y'all refi with an online lender or local credit union?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JAW3336 said:

This.

Most dealers like Auto Nation, Sonic Auto group etc, cut their profits on their cars themselves to razor thin amounts.

Make money on the financing side, and add ons in the F&I group.

Points on the loan, loan fees etc.

Window Tint, Wheel Locks, VIN etching, glass protection, tire and wheel protection, special paint coating, etc are all things they can mark up to astronomical amounts to 'make it back' off the low pricing.
FishingAggie
I did exactly what was suggested. Bought locally for a decent price and used their financing. It was high but I kept quiet.

Now My bank is refinancing for less. Guy was honest at the local place. He said if you don't bring a trade in and being your own money they don't make anything.

They'd rather keep the car and sell it to someone they are making money on with trades and financing.

Makes sense. Use their financing and then pay it off is a good trick. Thank you. Saved me some money.
reproag
AG
Rebates should still apply if you pay cash or have your own financing.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
reproag said:

Rebates should still apply if you pay cash or have your own financing.
Unless they're rebates from places like GMAC, FMCC, TMC, etc.
aggiedata
AG
My uncle was a true west Texas rancher. He would go into the dealer to buy a pickup and say 'I want your cash price" I had to tell him that doesn't work any more. Times had changed. That didn't stop him from trying though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.