I'm going to do it - PlastiDip

1,309 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Silvy
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Honda has some damaged peeling clearcoat on the hood, on the body above the doors on each side, the hatch vane, and just under the window on each door.

I think I am going to tape off these areas and sand them down to remove the clear coat as much as possible, and prep them as for paint, but instead dip them. That was they are protected and if I want to change I just peel it off and do something different.

It is a deep blue color now, but I though white might make an interesting contrast instead of boring black or trying to get close but not exact with blue. I though about grey but it would just look like an unfinished priming job. I think white would give it character, and it is just a commuter car.
AG
lots of plasti dipped hondas around here. Goes well with expired paper plates and bubble tint.
MouthBQ98
AG
Can't be worse than bubbled clear coating.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
robertf03 said:

lots of plasti dipped hondas around here. Goes well with expired paper plates and bubble tint.
maverick2076
I'm actually interested in doing this on a couple of parts on my '08 Titan to update the look a bit. I'd like to do the chrome on the front and rear bumpers and wheel covers in black. How difficult is the plastidip process?
Silvy
AG
Make sure it's clean/dry and put on 4 coats at minimum.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.