2003 Chevy Silverado Guages

870 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Fishing Fools
Fishing Fools
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One day they all work just fine. Next day all no worky. Why? Had a mouse problem last year. Maybe mouse chewed wire?
TIA
Silvy
AG
None at all? Odometer?
MouthBQ98
AG
They recalled a lot of those clusters a long while back. Also, check fuses?
Fishing Fools
Yes even the odometer. All or nothing. This will be the third set of clusters I've had to replace.
Silvy
AG
Take the cluster out and check connection, unhook/re-connect etc.

Some Google searching showed the the root cause being bad cluster, ground, or ignition switch.

If it comes down to needing a new cluster, I highly recommend Digital Dash Solutions, I have one of their clusters in my '04.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I highly recommend Digital Dash Solutions, I have one of their clusters in my '04.
So is it a repaired factory cluster, or all new built by someone else?
Kenneth_2003
AG
don't know about the Chevy clusters...

Dad and i repaired the cluster on his dodge min van a while back. Whole cluster was 100% dead. No lights, no lcd, no gauges... the neutral pin was cracked. Turns out it's all soldered at the same time but the neutral connects to so much material that it doesn't quite get hot enough and the pin is postpone to cracking over time.

If you're gonna tear it all apart cheek that out...
Fishing Fools
Now the PRNDL light stays on. WTH! Truck only has 330,000 miles on it! Time to drive it off into the Brazos river?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.