GM Customer Service issue - your thoughts?

784 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by helloag99
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a friend who over the past 20 years has purchased 10 brand new Trucks/SUVs from Chevrolet.

Purchased a 2015 One ton, single cab, single wheel diesel. Fast forward to this past July and the transfer case has chatotrophically failed. It has been in a local Chevy dealership for 10 weeks. There have been many excuses from GM why the part has not arrived - everything from blaming Harvey, to container came from Mexico and tired up in Customs in Memphis, blah, blah, blah.

What have you heard(or do you think) of as reasonable resolution to make him whole?

FINALLY expecting transfer case to arrive next week.

There has been multiple phone conversations dealing with this - it has not been a wait for them to call situation.

AstroAggie15
AG
did they at least give you a loaner while you're waiting on that part?
meggy09
AG
SA Ag 91 said:

What have you heard(or do you think) of as reasonable resolution to make him whole?

A new installed transfer case, which it sounds like they are doing.
SA Ag 91
AG
Negative on the loaner. They have multiple trucks in the household so has just required some juggling.

The truck is used part time for business so it has been an inconvenience but not the end of the world.

Should he demand the transfer case for free? I think he is right at the warranty expiration period.

helloag99
If I was having to pay for it, I would not have left it at that dealer for 10 weeks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.