Buddy looking for a $5,000 first vehicle for his kiddo

2,150 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ac04
chrisfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
He is in B/CS and would love a small SUV but also open to cars or trucks. Well maintained more important than age/miles. Anybody have anything?
NTXAggie14
AG
I have a 2015 Ford Taurus for sale - has 37,XXX miles on it and is still under the manufacturer warranty.

Its more than $5000 but would a great first car. If interested I have a recent thread with more highlights on it.

aTm2004
AG
Did you really come on here and post your car with a $17k asking price on a thread with a $5k budget? Get outta here!
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Juuust a bit outside (his price range).
CactusThomas
AG
Would you take $5,500?
Martin Q. Blank
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2892634
mm98
AG
chrisfield said:

Juuust a bit outside (his price range).

aggiepaintrain
AG
a friend of mine owns a used lot in College Station, a couple of his vehicles are close to that price range.

www.pittstopautotx.com

JAW3336
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

a friend of mine owns a used lot in College Station, a couple of his vehicles are close to that price range.

www.pittstopautotx.com

There you go. 07 Civic or 05 Corolla in your price range perfect for new driver.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm really liking this 2009 Honda Fit I bought. Utilitarian, fuel efficient, fun to drive, cheap and reliable. Manual version has a super easy clutch.
coolerguy12
AG
Look at a 04-06 4Runner. I sold mine with 180,000 for $5,500. If I had a new driver that's what I would be looking for.
JAW3336
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm really liking this 2009 Honda Fit I bought. Utilitarian, fuel efficient, fun to drive, cheap and reliable. Manual version has a super easy clutch.

Do this, and teach your kid to drive a stick.
YourFavAggie
AG
Got a 98 Silverado with 170k miles. 2 1/2 inch lift. Well maintained.

Let me know if there is interest
mAgnoliAg
AG
2002 Silverado 1500 2WD 5.3 255,000 miles: 2.5" level lift, pretty new 34" BFGoodrich off-road tires with black rims, All new brakes, flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust, 2 10" kicker subwoofers with custom made box under back seat, aftermarket headlights and taillights. Still need to drive it for a week or so , but most likely will be selling it very soon.
aTm2004
AG
JAW3336 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Do this, and teach your kid to drive a stick.

This.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Wife is an Aggie
Any interest in a gmc envoy? Have an 05 w 155k miles on it I am planning to sell soon. New tires on it from Costco and would definitely be under $5k, so could save some money upfront for future maintenance.
fire09
AG
The high school near my house appeared to be filled with v6 mustangs and lifted mid 2000's jeeps and trucks with swampers. All seem like good options to cause maximum destruction in the hands of a teenager, and they would fit right in at school.
ac04
trying to figure out how many mustangs i can get for that
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.