AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals

653 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CATAGBQ04
moore42
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else going this weekend? Weather doesnt look so great for finals on Sunday.
moore42
AG
Went on Friday. It was hot at first and they were really struggling to figure out the track. Towards the second round of qual's, the sun was setting and they really started picking up speed.

Best run of the night was the very last pairing that resulted in the #1 and #2 qualifiers (At least after the first two rounds).

The first top fuel FC pass resulted in a huge explosion. I was walking up into the stands at the finish line right as the car blew up. It was spectacular, parts of the body were raining down around the stands.

Steve Torrence had a pretty violent crash on Saturday, and walked away! Wished I would have been there to see this.

TxAg20
AG
I went several years ago and it's one of those things everyone needs to do at least once. You feel the power in your chest as the nitro cars race. At the time, every ticket was a pit pass which is also cool.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Incredible how far safety has come on those cars
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.