New Company Car

2,482 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

A step up from my old ford fusion. Actually has some HP and none of the turbo lag the fusion suffered from.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Nice!

How's it ride?
KY AG
AG
I dig
Goose
AG
They're boxy, but they're good!
Madman
AG
Better than the ford.

All the extra bells and whistles have been turned off.

• Lane assist off
  • Idle shut down off
  • Parking assist off

The seat shape and the leather are nice. The acceleration is better than good for a car of this type. Stereo actually has volume clarity and enough bass to listen to metal.

The anti collision feature I guess is nice but a little jarring the first time you encounter it. Radio shuts down, red lights reflect onto the window etc. All for being just a little too close to the guy in front of you.
KY AG
AG
T5?
Madman
AG
My biggest gripe about the ford was the turbo lag. Several years of driving and it still caught me off guard regularly.

The transmission was a joke from day one and only got worse. Couldn't decide what it wanted to do all the time. If it was a cold day by Houston standards (so not cold) it couldn't shift smoothly until it warmed up and even then seemed to stick in gear.
Madman
AG
Yes
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Madman said:

My biggest gripe about the ford was the turbo lag. Several years of driving and it still caught me off guard regularly.

The transmission was a joke from day one and only got worse. Couldn't decide what it wanted to do all the time. If it was a cold day by Houston standards (so not cold) it couldn't shift smoothly until it warmed up and even then seemed to stick in gear.
Did you have a 1.5L or 2.0L Fusion?

Just picked up a 2.0L Boost Fusion for work and it drives much better than the Impala that it replaced.
BigPuma
Madman
AG
I don't remember but another guy in the office has one that was identical to mine. Will check.

I hated sitting at a stop waiting to merge into traffic and having the car stumble until the turbo hit. I mean STUMBLE. Almost like you were stuck between gears but it wasn't.

My co workers car does the same thing.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Madman said:

I don't remember but another guy in the office has one that was identical to mine. Will check.

I hated sitting at a stop waiting to merge into traffic and having the car stumble until the turbo hit. I mean STUMBLE. Almost like you were stuck between gears but it wasn't.

My co workers car does the same thing.
intergrated exhaust tips in the bumper (rectangular) = 2.0L Ecoboost.

One round pipe on right side = peasant 1.5L Ecoboost.
Aggietaco
AG
You could be like me and skip the turbo all together and drive the ultra-spirited 2.5L NA...
Pepper Brooks
AG
I've had a 2.0 since they changed the styling in 2013 and it's been good overall. I'm sitting at 80k miles and the only two issues I've had were the AC compressor at around 70k miles(covered under warranty) and the evaporative purge valve and canister. The latter has been my only out of pocket cost outside of tires/brake pads/oil changes.

Otherwise, it's been a decent car and has some get up and go once the turbo kicks in. Gas mileage is about 3 mpg under advertised but that's typical for ford and I knew it going in.
LeftyAg89
AG
still loving my '14 Fusion Titanium (2.0), put 66k miles on it and no issues at all (knock on wood).
Actually one issue... the setting for remote start cooled seats/AC is grayed-out on the menu so I am unable to turn that setting on. I know I know, first world problems.

Love the smooth, quiet, comfy ride, decent acceleration and get 27 mpg combined. And yes my only complaint is the turbo lag, still not used to that!

I'd by another one in a heart beat,,, if they didn't now come with that ridiculous dial for a gearshift.
Aggietaco
AG
I actually like the dial now. Gets the non-mechanical gear shift out of the way.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

So Ford is back to tailpipe/engine ID. Interesting. You could tell F150 (and perhaps other trucks) from tailpipes back in the '80s through at least early '90s. Twin tailpipes = 351W; larger single tailpipe = 302; smaller single = 300 I-6.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

So Ford is back to tailpipe/engine ID. Interesting. You could tell F150 (and perhaps other trucks) from tailpipes back in the '80s through at least early '90s. Twin tailpipes = 351W; larger single tailpipe = 302; smaller single = 300 I-6.
Fusion 2.5L, 1.5L and Hybrid have one pipe to the side.

Fusion 2.0L Ecoboost and Platinum have the integrated cutouts in the bumper.

Fusion 2.7L Sport has quad tips (two on each side).

The 351 and 460 were twin pipes out the side (but 460 not avail in half ton).

The 5.0L V8 as well as the 4.9L I6 both had the 'expanded' larger single from 92-96. Pre 92 4.9L had the regular pipe.

I thought I was the only one who paid attention. LOL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.