FS: 107 Gal. auxiliary fuel tank & tool box combo

1,221 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Wonderer
sportpsyc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags!

I am selling this for my 82 year old father-in-law. Just a couple of years ago, he bought a custom built truck bed fuel tank/toolbox combo. Bone dry, it take 107 gallons to fill to the brim. It is powder coated diamond plate, is rust and corrosion free, but has a little tree sap on it from sitting in his truck under a tree. It is a really a nice custom unit. It has double recessed locks for the tool box, a lockable weather-proof fill cap, and a lockable 12 volt fuel pump, the wires for which run through the drain hole in the bed, down the frame, and into the engine compartment to the battery where it has alligator clips. The toolbox lid has hydraulic assists that both work. It has about 10 feet of hose with an OPW nozzle with automatic shut-off. It will fill a 30 gallon tank in a under minute. It is a really nice set up. My father-in-law had gas in it, but obviously it will work with diesel as well. He filled it during Hugo and just emptied it today since he sold the truck this week and the people did not want the extra tank. The toolbox, as you can see, is large as well. It is a hell of a set-up. Because someone will ask, the unit with 107 gallons of gas on board weighs 875 lbs, and with 107 gal of diesel it weighs 945 lbs. Me and the tank are both in South College Station. $600 and it's yours. Apparently my reward for selling it is he has given me permission to sleep with his daughter.

You can see pics of it here: https://imgur.com/a/cFnUr

contact me at 30boxbirds@gmail.com . Trust me...you want me as the liaison in the deal. Dealing with him is like staring at the sun through binoculars.
slickwilly107
Wish I was employed and has some disposable income.....
OXDL45
AG
The original post is underrated.

Good luck with the sale!
will.mcg
AG
A steal for that price.
Aero95
AG
That is a steal! Good luck
The Wonderer
AG
Damn, that's a hell of a deal.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Let me check with my boss... we might be outfitting an additional work truck here in the next few months.

Will it fit in front of a gooseneck?
will.mcg
AG
Check out the picture....looks like it to me. Doesn't look to go past the wheel wells.
malenurse
AG
Rule 1 on the daughter
Obi Wan Ginobili
malenurse said:

Rule 1 on the daughter

I already tried this strategy and my post appears to have been deleted.
permabull
AG
sportpsyc
Bahahaa--that is hilarious. I wonder if he has those plumbed directly into the main tank?
I didn't see your original post...sorry it is gone. ;(
It definitely will fit in a standard dually bed, and is just forward of a gooseneck hitch.
The Wonderer
AG
sportpsyc said:

Bahahaa--that is hilarious. I wonder if he has those plumbed directly into the main tank?
I didn't see your original post...sorry it is gone. ;(
It definitely will fit in a standard dually bed, and is just forward of a gooseneck hitch.

doubt there was even a tiedown strap holding them down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.