Yukon turbo

3,334 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Side-pocket16
Paradise Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to get a little extra hp for a 2015 Yukon and found Armageddon Turbo Systems (goturbo.net) in Albuquerque.

They seem to have a full kit for GMC trucks/SUV's.

Anybody familiar or turboed a GMC with someone else?
Silvy
AG
I'd get in touch with KB Racing or Trick Turbo and see what they can offer. I'd rather have a single turbo over twins, especially on a DD.

Alternatively, you could just do a Procharger setup.
Ogre09
AG
Denali 6.2L?
Paradise Ag
AG
Ogre09 said:

Denali 6.2L?

Yes, 2015.
Paradise Ag
AG
silverado_lover said:

I'd get in touch with KB Racing or Trick Turbo and see what they can offer. I'd rather have a single turbo over twins, especially on a DD.

Alternatively, you could just do a Procharger setup.

Thanks but neither of these guys has a kit past 2013.
03_Aggie
Pretty sure the guys off of I-10 in Sealy have a package.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
03_Aggie said:

paging jetch and stories of abusing customers cars....
Paradise Ag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

03_Aggie said:

paging jetch and stories of abusing customers cars....

Don't need automotive abuse, already have a wife.

Need/want more hp.
aggieforester05
AG
Magnuson or Edelbrock blower and be done with it.
Silvy
AG
Trick can build you a kit if you drop off your Yukon at their shop in Wichita Falls.

I'd do that or a blower setup, twins are more plumbing and more possible points of failure.
Paradise Ag
AG
Appreciate the feedback, gentlemen.
CDUB98
AG
Twin screw style supercharger or GTFO.
Carny89
LMR did a yukon a bit back. It was a blower.
aggieforester05
AG
I think there is an esc blower for the yukon/tahoe platform as well. It's a centrifugal though.

As someone who has both TVS and centrifugal powered vehicles, I'd go roots/tvs/twin screw again in the future.

I wouldn't do centri again unless I was making really big power and just trying to hook up off the line. I love my centri at high rpms, but waiting to 4500+ rpms before you make power is not that much fun on the street. My truck has a TVS magi 1900 and I really like the instant torque at low rpms for a heavy daily/street machine. The whine is also addicting; although, the centri and turbo cars make different but cool noises as well. Turbo is going to be more expensive if done with non chinese parts and is going to be l**** on bottom end with a hellacious mid range and good top end (power band location will be largely dependent on turbo size).
ILikeTacos
AG
03_Aggie said:

Worst/dumbest thing I have read on texags today.
ILikeTacos
AG
aggieforester05 said:

I think there is an esc blower for the yukon/tahoe platform as well. It's a centrifugal though.

As someone who has both TVS and centrifugal powered vehicles, I'd go roots/tvs/twin screw again in the future.

I wouldn't do centri again unless I was making really big power and just trying to hook up off the line. I love my centri at high rpms, but waiting to 4500+ rpms before you make power is not that much fun on the street. My truck has a TVS magi 1900 and I really like the instant torque at low rpms for a heavy daily/street machine. The whine is also addicting; although, the centri and turbo cars make different but cool noises as well. Turbo is going to be more expensive if done with non chinese parts and is going to be l**** on bottom end with a hellacious mid range and good top end (power band location will be largely dependent on turbo size).

I really can't agree with this enough. Get a roots blower for a big heavy truck and make that instant torque. Cheaper and more reliable than a turbsky setup and frankly easy to tune. I have yet to see a real successful turbo setup on the new LT motors. Also don't have to worry about accessory stuff like you would with a centri.

I wonder if the blower off the LT4 would go on an LT1....
aggieforester05
AG
Quote:

I wonder if the blower off the LT4 would go on an LT1....

I've been wondering this as well, the new LSA blower swap. I don't know if it's true, but I read that the LT4 makes over 400 lb/ft at idle.
Paradise Ag
AG
Heading out this week to New Mexico to yap with designer.

Components look pretty solid -
  • CNC Mandrel Bent 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Headers: By Kooks
  • CNC Mandrel Bent 304 Stainless Steel TiG Welded Downpipes: By Kooks
  • CNC Mandrel Bent Thick Wall Aluminum Charge Piping: By Kooks
  • X2 Armageddon 45mm Wastegates (With All Springs): By TurboSmart
  • Armageddon 52mm Blow-Off Valve: By TurboSmart
  • Aluminum High-Flow Intercooler: By Fluidyne
  • Stainless Steel Support Bracketry
  • Pre-Made Turbocharger Plumbing System: By Goodridge Fluid Systems
  • 4-Ply Silicone Coupler Kit with Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps: By Vibrant
  • 2x High-Flow Air Filters: By Vibrant
  • 2x Garrett GT3076R Turbochargers (1200 Horsepower Capable)
  • Base Tuning File Sent with Every System (EFILive or HPTuners)
aggieforester05
AG
Any fuel system upgrades? I'm not very familiar with the modding the new DI LT motors. Can they handle that much power on the factory fuel system? Electronic boost controller and/or boost by gear?

Sounds like a nice system, those are some serious turbos with a lot of room to grow! Twins will help with the low end response.
03_Aggie
AG 07 said:

03_Aggie said:

Not my fault you can't recognize sarcasm.
Flaith
AG
Turbos on a Yukon seem... Weird. Supercharger makes more sense, but you do you. Seems like a badass setup
ILikeTacos
AG
03_Aggie said:

AG 07 said:

03_Aggie said:

Not my fault you can't recognize sarcasm.

This is a thread where a guy seriously wants to put turbos on a 6,000 LB tank and I am supposed to detect sarcasm?
CATAGBQ04
AG
Go fast is go fast, all comes down to the person spending the monies
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

but I read that the LT4 makes over 400 lb/ft at idle.

ummmmm......
Furlock Bones
AG
have never understood the turbo hate on gas truck engines.
Silvy
AG
It's the presumption that the engine will feel "l****". A properly sized turbo system and proper torque converter will solve all of that.
tamuags08
AG
Can someone post some links of stories about the place in Sealy? I could use some entertainment
CATAGBQ04
AG
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2688151

One of them
Paradise Ag
AG
Owner/designer's a pretty sharp guy. Did some time with Roush Racing and still consults for the crazy Sheikh that had Al Anabi drag racing teams (left today to Qatar to make sure the Shiekh's dune buggy whips his rivals's, no ****).

Anyway, $10K gets kit and an immediate extra 200hp to the rear wheels. Kit supports up to 1100-1200hp but lots of bolstering up the stock engine parts, changing exhaust, etc. About $24K gets you a 1000hp+ with six booster settings scary Yukon which is kinda badass. He has a Yukon he put the sticker of the little family on - 1200hp. An insane family truckster. Took a spin with him. Definitely attention grabbing.

Think I might start the Yukon hp crack addiction highway. Don't have many other vices these days. Will update.
mellison
AG
What tires do you plan to use?
Side-pocket16
AG
LT4 head is a different p/n than LT1, but same port sizes and bolt patterns. Ti intake valves and a different spring/retainer on LT4. LT4 is a milder cam than LT1 as well. But it would bolt up, I have no doubt. Block is the same, both have the DI pump in the same location in rear of valley. Fuel line modifcation would be necessary possible. I also believe the LOMA set up is different from LT1 to LT4, though this may not effect it, no AFM required here. L86 is the RPO for the 6.2 in the trucks, it is the exact same hardware as the LT1 except for a different intake and tune.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.