2016 Audi A3 battery

652 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EFE
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Battery is toast on my GF's little Audi, little indicator window on top says so. Only reason I haven't swapped it out already tonight is because the counter help at Autozone mentioned that it could possibly need to be reprogrammed if I swap instead of Audi. So... is this guy telling me a story he heard from a guy who heard from a guy, or can I swap it out no problem? It was weak to turn over and then turned right over once I hooked up the jumper cables and turned over strong again in the AZ parking lot. What say you all and powerful AB?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
IIRC the battery should be covered under the 4 yr/50K warranty. Did you read the manual to see if its covered. I'm almost certain it is.

The little eye is guide, but I'd want a load test on it first.

MAny european cars now require you to tell the car that the battery has been replaced, because it will charge it differently.

EFE
AG
It should be under warranty, I'm just skeptical of our local Audi dealerships service dept. The GF's mom went in for the same issue a few months back on her A6 and they nailed her for $800 worth of "new battery and battery service". And of course this would all happen the night before we start harvest prep and I'm unable to go babysit it at the dealership.
Streetfighter 02
AG
On my A7 I hooked up the battery leads to another car via jumper cables and swapped the batteries. Same story on the cost. Sorry. It's bull**** to charge more than 30 minutes of labor plus cost of battery.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

On my A7 I hooked up the battery leads to another car via jumper cables and swapped the batteries. Same story on the cost. Sorry. It's bull**** to charge more than 30 minutes of labor plus cost of battery.
Still recommended that you code it.

Can be done with VCDS.
EFE
AG
Covered under warranty, no monkey business. Not sure if it was having her tell them to call me before doing anything billable or not, but nonetheless she's back on the road. Thanks, Auto Board!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.