2015 Jetta tsi key fob dead

1,526 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigRobSA
Dentag16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy ags,
First time poster, longtime lurker. I have run into a bit of problem with my 2015 Jetta tsi and I thought y'all might be able to help and save me the cost of a tow. My key fob died on me and I'm unable to start the car. I tried replacing the battery but realized that wasn't it when the old battery worked fine in my friends key fob. Next i tried the emergency start up outlined in the manual by holding the dead fob up next to a "key sensor" on the wheel while simultaneously pushing the "push to start" button and engaging the break, but nada. I've tried googling solutions but I've come up with nothing. I should add that this is my only key. I think the key may just need to be reprogrammed but can't find how to do that any where.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Flaith
AG
I don't have a new VW, but this says something about putting the key in the center console

https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/volkswagen-key-not-working/
Dentag16
AG
Tried that, I keep getting the "no key" message on the dashboard screen. :/
BigRobSA
If it needs reprogramming, as in REAL programming, you have to go to a dealer or indie with the right tool.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.