2003 Wrangler Rubicon

717 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggietaco
AgBass01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at picking up a 03 Rubicon, has hard top and soft top, full doors and safari doors, 150k miles. Owner says there are no mechanical issues and it's his daily driver. I have only seen 1 picture of it so far and it looks decent. I know nothing about jeeps, especially the rubicons, what should I look for and what's a fair value for it? I'm looking at trading a 55 chevy truck 5 window that I restored 20 years ago. Truck has been sitting for 10 years but still starts and runs with no issues. It's just time to get rid of 1 toy and get another.
Noblemen06
AG
Always a good idea to heavily scrutinize used Jeeps:
- scraped up skid plates
- rust
- tire wear pattern
- suspension parts
- anything aftermarket

Jeeps often have a higher value in the eye of the owner than the market. I'd shop others in your area to see what you're comfortable with.

If it passes muster - have fun!
AgBass01
AG
Thanks for the input. Guy gave me some more information, AC and heater work, he just had it inspected and registered and is driving to New Mexico in it and back this week for an elk hunt. Texted me some pictures and it looks fairly stock and in decent shape. I already planned on crawling under it to check for rust.
Aggietaco
AG
No pictures of your truck?!? Shame!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.