Pearl white?

708 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Superdave1993
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need help with all the different colors of pearl white. I know all the automakers basically have their own version of pearl white. I'm partial to the ones that are more on the light/true white hue than the yellowish ones

Name some cars/trucks with the year model that come in a pearl white please
Picard
AG
big ben
AG
M'fr to touch up
C Loves L
Confusing responses are confusing
Superdave1993
AG
Not sure where to start and not being a smart a$$. There are so many colors out there that it will be hard to figure out unless someone owns that car. Pearls are a three stage paint meaning base/color coat, pearl and then clear. Pear whites are a nightmare because of all the whites and off whites used in the base coat. Then the pearl coat can have more or less "pearl" and can be almost any color to include pink, purple, blue, gold etc. The clear is normally clear but can have a slight tint added. The same car can appear white in one lighting situation and almost pinkish, yellowish etc in another.

The comment on touch up above is true, but it can be done. It is not simply pick up touch up paint, apply and let dry. If you are wanting a "white" car I would find a white, or metallic white and be done. If you are set on "pearl" then pick the car you like and see what it's white looks like. I normally buy used and don't care much about the color unless it is orange.

HTH

Edit: Also each car can change from year to year. So a pearl on a 2015 may not be available on the same exact vehicle for 2016. Also some companies have "pearls" with almost no pearl, so it doesn't shimmer, but they charge more. Ford used to have a red pearl that you had to look really close to see the pearl.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.