'09 F-150, 5.4, Intermittent "Cranks Fine but Won't Start"

690 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RC_57
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
127k on the truck. Just started an intermittent (3 times in the last 2 months) issue. Motor turns over but won't start. Give it a few minutes, and it fires right up.

No fire, or no fuel, I don't know.

1st time it happened, after the truck had been sitting in the late afternoon about 1-1/2 hours, we waited <5 minutes and it started up.

About a month later, ~3:30 AM, started fine, moved it about 15' in the driveway, turned it off. 15 minutes later, wouldn't start (did wait this time to see when it would start. Pulled other car out of garage, as we were leaving to the airport. ) Came back a week later, started fine.

And it happened again last night.

Other than an LS swap, any suggestions?

And thanks all

Picard
AG
Original fuel pump?

RC_57
AG
Picard said:

Original fuel pump?

Yes, but do they fail intermittently?

I need to see if I can find where the fuel dumps in to the engine, so I can see if it's a fuel issue.

Also, I don't know if this issue causes any codes or not. Guess I'll see if it starts today, and run up to Oreilly's
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Fuse relocation kit time.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Not meaning to hijack, but interested in this thread. I have an '03 with the 4.2 V6 that has been having the same issue. Never failed to start on second crank but is very intermittent. Also, has 182K miles so maybe that's part of the problem.
RC_57
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Fuse relocation kit time.
Would you elaborate on this please?

Never mind, I googled it and see what you're talking about now.

Guess now I have to see about doing this to my truck.

Thank you very much 1ags
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.