Looking into a 4-post car lift. Suggestions?

693 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by helloag99
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, I know, 2 post lift is mucho mas bueno. But I'm compromising. For storage more than working on it.

Any favorites?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Oreilly has 200 dollars off Challenger Lifts right now.....
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Ive heard that 2 post is better, curious why? Seems like 4 would be more stable
Aston 91
AG
I've got a Bendpak and have been happy with it. You can find some lifts a bit cheaper, but this was one piece of equipment I decided not to go with the lowest cost option.
Tim Weaver
ShaggyAggie01 said:

Ive heard that 2 post is better, curious why? Seems like 4 would be more stable
A 4 poster means the car is siting on it's tires all the time. So if you want to do any work on the wheels, brakes, suspension or the like, means you have to take the wheel off on the ground and use a jack and jack stand just like you do without a lift.

A 2 post lifts the car from the chassis jacking points and leaves the wheels hanging.

Also a 4 post's ramps are in the way if you are working under the car. A 4 post is skinnier and is easier to work around.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Thanks
I didn't realize it was using the tires, I guess I figured it was four points on the chassis.
helloag99
http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/4-post-bridge-jacks/

Looks liek you can add a set of bridge jacks to a 4 post lift to lift the car a do wheel work
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.