low mileage fleet/rentals CarMax ??

1,075 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep finding the car Im looking for ( Hyundai SF) at Carmax , low mileage 2016 or later and good price but they are damn near all classified as fleet/rentals. Conventional wisdom says AVIOD but they do have a pretty good rep at CarMax for going thru their cars prior to sale. I have also bought a number of Cert Preowned via Infinit that were all low mileage rentals albeit ONE owner lease cars.
Should I be concerned about a CARMAX buy that is a former fleet/rental ???
Thanks
Aggie95
AG
why Hyundai SF?

curious because we are in the market for a used car. I have never bought used. I'm looking for small suv/crossover....about 2013-2015 model.
JAW3336
AG
I have a similar CarMax question. They have a 2016 charger SRT with 7k miles. It was a lease/fleet and they put 4 new tires on it. That seems like a huge red flag. What say you texags?
EskimoJoe
We bought a 1 year old yukon that was a rental from them a year ago and have not had any problems. They gave us the best deal on trade in as well as price on the vehicle we were buying.
sts7049
AG
ehh. could be but it doesn't seem too big a deal to me.
The Fife
The in laws have been burned at least twice on former rentals from CarMax. But they're cheap and keep on buying more of em...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.