Imagine a P-51 Mustang with LS swap

2,412 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CATAGBQ04
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/18/meet-wolverine-wwii-style-with-state-art-tech.html
Pahdz
that Scorpion jet is hideous

and LOL at the Air Tractor...that's awesome
Agmechanic
AG
They buld those tractors down the road in Olney, TX. I think it would make a fantastic close air plane. They fly low and slow, can land on a postage stamp, great maneuverability.
Centerpole90
AG
Pahdz said:

LOL at the Air Tractor...that's awesome

I'm not sure what kind of LOL that is; but the Air Tractor 802-U has been at work defending small countries for a while. That and the 802 fire bomber seen in the Outdoor Board wildfire thread are valuable variants on the x02 airframe that has dominated the Ag Aviation industry for a while. Leland Snow '52 was a great aviation mind and his commitment to his product has made him a legend in his corner of the aviation market. AM is right, these airframes are well suited to many roles.
Pahdz
The name is what I was LOL'ing at, but the capabilities like you said are really awesome.
Centerpole90
AG
... and it's probably the most descriptive name the airframe could have.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Seen them fly under powerlines at the end of turnrows
UmustBKidding
Everyone Flys under power lines. There was an old farmer that would scowl at my dad when he would see him out in public. I asked him why he did not like him and he told me he hit is dog with the wheel of his steerman when he was dusting his field. Dog was fine but for many years he would get the evil eye from him.
What they do hate is people that slow down to watch, the try to time going under the lines so their is not traffic.
agwrangler2001
AG

Found this video the other day....pretty awesome.
CATAGBQ04
AG
I've always wanted to see that, very cool!
Centerpole90
AG
These are my two favorite air tractor/crop dusting videos.

for those interested; in this video you can clearly see 'wire cutter' cable that runs from the top of the cockpit to the top of the vertical stab. It meets the solid bars that make up the frame of the pilot's windscreen and should he contact a wire it is intended to ride the wire up over the cockpit and eventually over the vertical stab without incapacitating the aircraft. There are also hardened/sharpened edges on the landing gear to cut wires that would catch there - not unlike the wirecutters on a helicopter fuselage to protect the rotorhead.

These Aussie boys are gettin' after that cotton -

Pahdz
sweet videos!
JSKolache
AG
OK, now imagine a '66 with a Merlin V-12
CATAGBQ04
AG
hol e sheeet
CenterHillAg
AG
Needs more Ag Cat
Centerpole90
AG
CenterHillAg said:

Needs more Ag Cat
We'll have to dust off the 8mm or VHS tape.
CenterHillAg
AG
I resemble that remark! I started flying a 450 Cat this season, absolute blast. My buddy down the road flys a turbine Cat, he's unreal with it in the turns.
Centerpole90
AG
I'm just playing with ya. Ag Cats are a rare bird here in the RGV.
GeeBee
AG
I think the CIA has been using the Air Tractor for a few years
CATAGBQ04
AG
Right down the road from one of my customer's yards there is an aerial spraying business with 2-3 planes in Rosenberg.

I'm going to pop in and see if they offer ride alongs...I did that once after skydiving, that was was a pretty incredible ride!
Centerpole90
AG
Are you sure you want to do that? This is a good friend and '90 buddy of mine a few days ago when a duck cane through the windscreen. That's duck blood, not his.

https://instagr.am/p/BVEEov0naWF
CATAGBQ04
AG
I've jumped out of one 4 times

Yes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.