Opinions of the Infiniti QX60- anybody own one?

1,394 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
murphyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A buddy of mine is considering trading their older Lexus RX350 for the Infiniti as they don't care for the new looks of the RX350. Told them I'd see if anyone on here has experience with the QX60 or even Infiniti in general.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Its the renamed JX35, which is mechanically identical to the Pathfinder.

My friend bought one when they were JX's in 2012, and he still has it, though he has complained to me about several engine oil leaks. And he's generally pretty good about getting regular maintenance on it.

I think they look pretty smart, and drive ok, but I'm not a huge fan of the CVT.

The 2017 Model gets direct injection and 30 more HP, which drops the 0-60 from mid 8s to low 7s....

The hybrid is kinda cool with the supercharged 2.5L and a 20hp motor.
alabamaaggie12
AG
I got a 2013 JX35 in June of 2012 after shopping MDX's, Highlanders, and Explorers. It has been trouble-free after 103K and I am still enjoying it.

The reasons I went with it were because of the above models mentioned, at the time it was the only mid-size that had a usable and easily accessible 3rd row for anything larger than small children. The 2nd row adjusts for more leg room flexibility and the seats fold up and slide to give a larger opening for an adult to access the 3rd row. We have put 7 adults in it on several occasions and it gets the job done.

Another big reason I chose it was the shallowest of reasons, but I could get it with a burgundy exterior with dark brown leather seats and black carpet. The MDX had a nice maroon exterior color, but you could only get a light tan interior, and I will never have light-colored seats and carpet again. Just too hard to maintain. My JX35 interior still looks great and I know I've had just as many spills in it as previous cars.

Some don't like the CVT, but I like not having to feel the transmission shift through the lower gears, and when I step on it, it responds just fine. I drive in ECO mode 100% of the time. Now that I'm past 100K miles, I'm wondering how the CVT will hold up, but for now I'm completely happy with this car.

The only negative for me is the same as any mid-size
SUV, and that's that I can't haul as much as in my old Yukon XL. But with no kids at home anymore to haul around, I get by.

tl;dr...I have been happy with my JX35.
tennisag13
AG
I'm with Sewell Infiniti in Fort Worth - let your friend know I can answer any questions he might have. We sell more QX60s than any of our other models, and the transmission has been updated since the JX. Better gas mileage and very few service issues at all. Feel free to email me: ncooner @ sewell dot com.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
tennisag13 said:

and the transmission has been updated since the JX..
How could they not after the Class action lawsuit?

The new one apparently fixes all of the issues and the programming is much better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.