CarFax Question

870 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mookie
TX_AG_10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanting to see what your take is on the carfax below. It says it has 4 personal owners, but to me it kind of looks like two of the owners are dealerships. The original dealer might have used it as a demo then sold as CPO and then 3rd owner (dealer) looks to had it on the lot for 3 months?

If a dealership takes a car on trade in or buys it outright it shouldn't show up as them being an owner on the carfax, right? Unless they bought the car to use as a courtesy shuttle or something, then I can see them as being a "personal owner" according to carfax.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=AVR_0&vin=JN8AE2KP4B9003045&partner=AVR_2

Appreciate the help!
TX_AG_10
AG
Shameless bump as this still has me puzzled. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
a07nathanb
AG
Looks like 4 owners to me.

A dealer isn't going to pay the taxes to register a car to use as a shuttle for a short period of time. Not that I've ever seen.

It's not necessarily a bad thing that it's had 4 owners. Looks like it got some maintenance done. I'd get the service history from the dealer though. Specifically the warranty history. See if there's been any recurring issues
aggiepaintrain
AG
The Quest should be cheap.
Carfax looks fine to me.
FJB
TX_AG_10
AG
Appreciate the replies. It was just unusual to see the short lengths of ownership as well as not many miles either. I normally thought that was a recipe for, crap this car sucks let's get rid of it.

We are looking at getting my wife into a minivan and she really likes the Quests. This is the van in question. I'll call a dealership and see if I can get the service history on it.. thanks all!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/700265172/overview/
Mookie
AG
My wife drives A Van Called Quest, shoot me an email with any questions!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.