Revive the Texags Autoboard

4,776 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EMY92
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today, I detailed my truck.

Started with a wash.
Then clayed.
Then compounded to get rid of the minor scratches and swirls. I didn't feel comfortable with my skill level to tackle deeper scratches.
Polished
And waxed.

Took 7 hours.
I consumed 3 - 4 gallons of water.
Sweated off my insulin infusion set.
And really want to go to bed now.

Tomorrow, I do the exterior plastic and the interior.

2006 F-150 Lariat, sat outside for 8 of 11 years owned.

Maximus_Meridius
AG
What are you doing to the exterior plastic? There stuff on my 05 is more white than black...
EMY92
AG
I going to try the Wolfgang plastic sealant.

I think it will darken plastic, but there may better products to restore plastic like McKee's 37 Plastic Restorer or Blackfire Total Trim Restoration Kit.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

What are you doing to the exterior plastic? There stuff on my 05 is more white than black...
Which parts?

A lot of people have used a heat gun, which burns away the oxidation (dont get too close and keep the gun moving).

I would apply the 303 Aerospace protectant.

EMYs suggestion on Wolfgang is good too. I havent personally used it but I have read lots of good feedback.

EMY, you truck looks great. Why did I think you had a blue supercab? I must be getting old.
The Fife
I've had pretty good luck with Back to Black and an old toothbrush even on UV damaged plastic.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
That piece right in front of the windshield for one, side mirrors...All the black plastic is looking pretty bad

I'll have to look into this stuff.
will.mcg
AG
Yesterday sandblasted my T-90 Transmission & painted the bottom. Today will paint the rest of it it & refill with fluid. Next week, pull the engine. Fun times.
EMY92
AG
I have used Back to Black, both the wipe on and aerosol spray. It's OK.

I was happy with the Wolfgang Trim Sealant. A little went a very long way and was easy to apply.

If you go with that, pick up some of these microfiber application pads: https://www.amazon.com/SPTA-4-7x2-95x1-3-Microfiber-Applicators-Applicator/dp/B01LZUHO2K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1502638518&sr=8-9&keywords=microfiber+applicator+pad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.