Revive the Texags Autoboard

4,758 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EMY92
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if anyone else notices but the auto board is slowing down. It seems all of Texags is slowing down actually.

I don't want to lose what we have even though it seems more people are flocking to the FB page.

So, what did you do to your vehicles this weekend.

I added adj lower front and rear upper CAs to my Heep aka The Grendel. Also added extended stainless brakes all the round.

Did the first oil change and tire rotation. Oh and I also put on my front license plate. Got stopped for the 2nd time in 1 month. My prior heep did not have a front LP for 3 plus years and no stops.

Not sure how I feel about having the zerks down like that. Probably need to swap the arms.
Prune Tracy
Haven't done squat in a while, but the JKU and Durango are both due for an oil change in a week or two. I've been looking for some Willys takeoffs to replace the stock sport wheels on my Jeep. Found some Recons, but the graphite doesn't mesh well with the red and black. Other than that, just been driving like crazy for vacations and work.
aggie897
AG
I helped with furlocks heep. Nice cool 99 degree day.
Dill-Ag13
AG
It's summer, TexAgs is always slow in the summer
Furlock Bones
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

It's summer, TexAgs is always slow in the summer
I hope that's the case, but I'm not the only one that's notice a drop off.
Centerpole90
AG
You are not. The politics board is booming - otherwise it is slow almost everywhere I read.

My contribution - the upper & lower front control arms for our C-10 project arrived this week. Don't have time to install them right now, but with these the project will finally be standing on it's own feet again.

https://instagr.am/p/BW20VYiD3-A
Furlock Bones
AG
Centerpole90 said:

You are not. The politics board is booming - otherwise it is slow almost everywhere I read.

My contribution - the upper & lower front control arms for our C-10 project arrived this week. Don't have time to install them right now, but with these the project will finally be standing on it's own feet again.

https://instagr.am/p/BW20VYiD3-A
dare I say, that is an absolute work of art for a C10.
Centerpole90
AG
Yes. Methinks I got a little off track. I always said this may not be a budget build, but it definitely has a budget -

well, I blew that.
RABAg04
AG
Ordered a new wheel from eBay

TSJ
AG
You're right, it's been pretty dead.

My 240sx died at TWS this past April right after I lost my job so the fun car and projects got dropped. Fast forward to now, I got new job in June, in the same field at a stable company. I plan on updating the work bench thread once I get the peg board and light fixture up.

Anywho back to the 240, I had been dealing with a throttle pedal vibration the last 2-3 sessions. Going full throttle on the main straight above 7k rpm the pedal was actually pulsing back and forth into my foot. Well the second session on Sunday coming out of turn 6 the pedal stuck WOT. I feathered the pedal and it returned so I continued as nothing else was wrong. Going WOT out of 11 into 12 I lost the throttle. I ended up coasting it back to my garage spot with it stuck at 3-4K rpm. What I found was my throttle body shaft split at one of the screws and the engine ate it.

The following week I did some borescope inspections of the intake manifold and the cylinders, no sign of the screw. Next I did leak down testing on each cylinder and they all came back over 90% so the engine was fine.

This week I got a spare throttle body to swap in, but the port for boost signal and overall shape of the TB was pretty rough. So screw it I took the spare TB to put in my good casting. Might not be a carb, but I rebuilt this. The car is running again, but new issues to attend to. My driver side window won't roll down, my new battery went dead and may not take a charge, and I need to lengthen and relocate the wiring harness that runs in the front driver wheel well; currently eaten through a couple wires all in the name of stance!

Silvy
AG
Friday evening I was cruising with the windows down when I heard my rear brakes making noise, I knew the pads needed to be replaced. I hit the brakes a bit harder than usual and they made a fierce racket.

I started to tear them down around noon today and determined I needed to replace the rotors as well. I didn't notice the RR inside pad was so worn down when I got tires a few weeks ago.

The Fife
Home improvement has been warming up but I'm pretty sure it's the most recent board to be added.

I just drove our cars this weekend, I'm still busy building our house.
Complete Idiot
Setting up the FJ80 for the annual beach trip to mustang island national seashore. Since I don't drive many miles otherwise it just consists of checking all fluids and setting up the receiver hitch cargo carrier. Had to replace a/c compressor recently - we'll be cold in 100 degree heat.

Needed to wash SS but did not. I'm eating up the rear tires although I only have 5k miles on it.

Replaced starter on the CRV we tow behind rv. It's now running good, will be kids first car a few years down the road.

I like cars
Tim Weaver
Finished stripping my parts car and its now ready to haul to the crusher.

I swapped the motor a month ago, finally got it running this week, now I need to swap the interior in it.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Northing really this weekend, but picked up a polisher Friday and I will use it in the next few weeks to restore my wife's car's headlight (wet sand, polish, seal). During the fall, I will also do a full 2-3 step polish on her car and a 1-2 step on mine while washing and waxing 1-2x a week on both.

Early this week, I plan to finish my garage organization project with a few storage items from Walmart and organizing the rack they're on. It is pretty hot in the garage these days and I need a fan in there (suggestions welcomed). In the next, I'd say, 2 months I will add LED lighting so I can work more out in the garage, including car stuff -- mostly detail related. I started a thread on this in the HI forum. I need to put in a cabin air filter as well.

It is really difficult working in the garage in this heat. I can take the heat but I sweat so much I don't like dripping that all over everything!
Corps_Ag12
AG
Changed the oil in the Duramax on Friday.

I think I've got most of it off my hands and finger nails now. Next time I'll wear rubber gloves. I really need to invest in one of those oil valves before I change the oil again.
Jrod05
AG
Glad I have a neighbor who is a mechanic. We were having beers and I mentioned Christian brothers wanted 1,000 to do rotors and brake pads on my wife's 4 runner. 80 bucks and an hour later we changed all the pads rotors were fine. Does that count if I was his wrench monkey?
Furlock Bones
AG
Jrod05 said:

Glad I have a neighbor who is a mechanic. We were having beers and I mentioned Christian brothers wanted 1,000 to do rotors and brake pads on my wife's 4 runner. 80 bucks and an hour later we changed all the pads rotors were fine. Does that count if I was his wrench monkey?
always.
chimpanzee
I started fabricating* a new radiator hold down for the puking chicken since I'm going with an electric fan. I still need to figure out how well it will play with the new e-fan shroud.

*to the extent that cutting a piece of angle aluminum and drilling holes in the right place counts as fabrication.
sts7049
AG
christian brothers is a ripoff
chimpanzee
sts7049 said:

christian brothers is a ripoff
$1000 for brakes?

If that's the going rate, we are all in the wrong business.
Strongwind86
AG
I've ordered some Bilstein 5100's for the 2016 F150.
Hope to get them installed next week - plan to set them at + 1.75 to get some of the rake out of the truck.

I'm too damn old to get out and work on truck/Jeep in this heat....
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Found the refrigerant leak in my crown vic.....

agwrangler2001
AG
I stopped by the Chevy dealership in Pearland for their Camaro 50th Anniversary Event. They had a car show and live music, etc.
https://instagr.am/p/BW7rPeUgqrg7bpzfFHUI2J2Meo5pcaNhb4PEpk0
I also put a new filter on the Chevelle, trying to diagnose a recent high oil pressure issue.
Cold start up is around 45-50. After about 10 minutes of driving, it hits 80 or higher. New filter seems to have helped keep it below 70 or so.
dubi
AG
We definitely need to revive the Monday morning "what did you do this weekend" thread!

Last week my Hyundai Sante Fe when in for a check engine light and 2 recalls. One of those recalls was potentially a bad engine. I "passed" and was a happy camper.
javajaws
AG
Furlock, how much lift? Rock Krawler arms?

I still haven't put my front license plate back on after putting on my Poison Spyder bumper....haven't been stopped yet (knock on wood).
Obi Wan Ginobili
I spilled a large sweat tea from Blanco BBQ, and then the dog puked in the back seat.

Thank goodness for heavy duty rubber floor mats.
Furlock Bones
AG
javajaws said:

I still haven't put my front license plate back on after putting on my Poison Spyder bumper....haven't been stopped yet (knock on wood).
Currie control arms. Front Lower and Rear Upper. No lift yet. I am just piecing together a suspension system as I pick up deals here and there.

Had the Front Lowers from cyber Monday that I was going to install on my old Jeep until we decided to upgrade to the 4 door. The Rears I picked up from Northridge when they were doing a sale on Amazon Prime day.

I just snagged a brand new Evo rear track bar bracket from jkowners forum for $40. That will just be sitting in storage for awhile. But, it was a good buy for when i do buy springs.
BigPuma
AG
Silvy and I were talking the other day. TexAgs is like the only message board that either of us go to that actually has some traffic. Everyone else it seems has migrated to facebook making legit questions and issues harder to answer since every dumb ass has a facebook account nowadays.

Anyway I used the twofiddy to haul some lumber for my new deer blind.
Furlock Bones
AG
BigPuma said:

Silvy and I were talking the other day. TexAgs is like the only message board that either of us go to that actually has some traffic. Everyone else it seems has migrated to facebook making legit questions and issues harder to answer since every dumb ass has a facebook account nowadays.

Anyway I used the twofiddy to haul some lumber for my new deer blind.
i'm in a couple of groups on fb. there's good info, but i definitely have to wade through a lot of *****
JB
AG
Installed a steering box on the F250.

Installed a Buckstop rear bumper on the F150. Tried to diagnose another exhaust manifold leak on it as well, just two months after replacing both.

Got my wife's new 4runner front windows tinted.

Moved Jeep into grass so it leaks there instead of on the concrete.
sts7049
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

I spilled a large sweat tea from Blanco BBQ, and then the dog puked in the back seat.

Thank goodness for heavy duty rubber floor mats.
i can't imagine what a glass of sweat tea smells like
javajaws
AG
Furlock Bones said:

javajaws said:

Currie control arms. Front Lower and Rear Upper. No lift yet. I am just piecing together a suspension system as I pick up deals here and there.

Had the Front Lowers from cyber Monday that I was going to install on my old Jeep until we decided to upgrade to the 4 door. The Rears I picked up from Northridge when they were doing a sale on Amazon Prime day.

I just snagged a brand new Evo rear track bar bracket from jkowners forum for $40. That will just be sitting in storage for awhile. But, it was a good buy for when i do buy springs.
I went with a LCOG frankenlift myself: 1.5" RK springs, RK adj front lowers, JKS front adj trackbar, JKS front quick disconnects, RK rear adj links, Artic weld on rear track bracket, and Rancho RS5000x shocks.

I'm running 33s on 16 rims and it drives like a dream. I'll eventually re-gear and add Metalcloak fenders then switch to 35s later on.
CDUB98
AG
RABAg04 said:

Why did you let your wife drive the car?
RABAg04
AG
CDUB98 said:

RABAg04 said:

Why did you let your wife drive the car?
I wish, hit what I assume was a pothole on 59 in El Campo
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.