Anyone here drive a GMC/Chevy 1500 4x4 with the 6.2?

1,836 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by smstavinoha88
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on it?
EskimoJoe
Brother in law is on his second one now. He really likes them. It hauls @$$
clarythedrill
I have one, my wife's actually, and we fricking love it. I will never go down to a 5.3 after having the power and torque this one has, and gets basically the same gas mileage. We are getting 17ish in town and around 22 on the highway. Extremely satisfied with it.
mts6175
AG
How is it towing?
clarythedrill
mts6175 said:

How is it towing?
That I would not know, as we have not towed anything with it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Looking into this as well as I would like the 6.2 in the used one I'm gonna get soon.
CBarrett12
AG
Wife's has it, and my truck has the 5.3. A new truck is in my near future and I will likely go with the 6.2. Like a previous poster said...gas mileage is equal if not better.
aggieforester05
AG
My father has one, great power but unreliable. It's been in the shop at least half a dozen times for powertrain issues in the two and a half years he's had it. In fact it's there right now.
clarythedrill
aggieforester05 said:

My father has one, great power but unreliable. It's been in the shop at least half a dozen times for powertrain issues in the two and a half years he's had it. In fact it's there right now.
So the OP should base his decision on one bad example? If that was the case, you would never buy ANY brand or model, as they all have a very small percentage that give problems.
Complete Idiot
clarythedrill said:

aggieforester05 said:

So the OP should base his decision on one bad example? If that was the case, you would never buy ANY brand or model, as they all have a very small percentage that give problems.
I don't think he said the OP should base his decision on one bad example did he? He was sharing his experience, which is what was asked for.
aggieforester05
AG
clarythedrill said:

aggieforester05 said:

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?
Clo004
I have a 17 with the 6.2 and LOVE IT. The power is there and get better mileage than I did with my 5.3. I have had no issues with it.
moore42
AG
Cant wait to start looking for a Yukon Denali XL (6.2 of course) next year to replace our 07 Yukon!
Presley OBannons Sword
are people seriously getting 22 highway in these trucks? what year models? my buddy has a 2010ish and he gets like 12-14
aggieforester05
AG
18-20 is what my father's gets, but you could probably eek out 22 on flat land with cruise on 70. It does get incredible fuel mileage and has great power/torque. Just hasn't been reliable so far, but his is a 2014, which was the first year of the new direct injected motors.
smstavinoha88
AG
A guy at work bought a brand new 2017 Yukon Denali with the 6.2L. At 1500 miles he was driving to corpus for a conference and it shut down and ended up having to be towed. Turned into a mess when the mechanic at the dealership said the motor was blown but that they could not open it up, that it had to be sent back to the manufacturer for inspection. Ended up with another one with a few extra features.. only has 1000 miles so we will see what happens. Sweet looking ride though and it hauls arss and gets pretty decent mpg.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.