Which brake pads/rotors for Infiniti JX35?

1,018 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bighamp03
Bighamp03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sewell wants Eleventy Billion Dollars to replace the brake pads on our 2013 JX35 so I'm going to do it. I've replaced brake pads and rotors many times but just used whatever pads and rotors I picked up from whatever auto parts store. Seems like I should pick something better for the Infiniti.

The list at Rock Auto is confusing AF. I'm used to my amigos at AutoZone giving me the three options of "Bueno,/Muy Bueno/Muy Supremo Bueno". Can someone tell me what to buy? TIA.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/infiniti,2013,jx35,3.5l+v6,1503988,brake/wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684
aTm papi
Wagner Thermoquiets are a great pad!
agrams
AG
I'm about to do the same thing on ours. We have a 2014 qx60 (same vehicle, but they changed the model number in 2014). We had ours in for a warranty/recall and they inspected the brakes and sewell quoted like $330 for ours. They also quoted $1400 for new tires.

Let me know what you go with.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
aTm papi said:

Wagner Thermoquiets are a great pad!
This or Akeboo
aggiebq03+
I just changed out to Power Stop Z26 pads on my 2016 Camaro. The stock Brembo pads made massive amounts of dust. The Power Stop pads seem to work just as well for street driving, don't make the squealing noises at slow stops, and most importantly it's been a week and my wheels still look just cleaned.
Bighamp03
AG
agrams said:

I'm about to do the same thing on ours. We have a 2014 qx60 (same vehicle, but they changed the model number in 2014). We had ours in for a warranty/recall and they inspected the brakes and sewell quoted like $330 for ours. They also quoted $1400 for new tires.

Let me know what you go with.

Was $330 for all 4? Sewell wanted $600+ and so did Goodyear when I had the tires rotated.

I went with the Thermoquiets. So far so good. Replacing the pads was super easy. The Thermoquiets came with the replacement clips. Took me about an hour (I have a floor jack and impact driver though). I just cleaned everything up and put the new pads on. Rotors were fine. No squeaking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.