Nissan Warning....transmission in 2017 NVs

2,716 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bluecat_Aggie94
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, I know the target audience for this vehicle is pretty small, but just in case.

I have a 2016 Nissan NV3500 that I'm pretty darn happy with. Review here: TexAgs Review. I'm in FB group for folks with NVs, and everyone has been generally very happy, until the 2017s started rolling out.

Nissan changed up the transmission to one with more gears. Apparently this transmission has been used in the Armandas for a while, with some issues, but not too bad. Well, the much heavier weight of the NVs is causing them a LOT of trouble. Basically, it appears to slip out of gear, losing power and revving up the engine, sporadically. Folks are reporting it both at city speeds and on the highway. No fun.

So far, Nissan doesn't seem to be recognizing the issue. Dealer mechanical shops are trying their best, but nothing from corporate that we can tell. Folks that own 17s are understandably getting more and more upset. Hopefully Nissan gets in front of this ASAP.

If you are thinking about a 17, join the FB "Nissan NV Families" group, are at least get a 2016 or older.

Thus ends your PSA.
CactusThomas
AG
Well, it has gears so it has to be more reliable than most of their transmissions.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Nissan makes junk.
Might as well buy Korean.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Our 2015 NV has been fine mechanically, but the rest of the car is falling apart. Here's the issues we've had that i can recall:

1) Terrible squeek/rattle in the sliding door anytime you hit a bump
2) The locks on the sliding door frequently do not unlock, and you have to reach in from the inside.
3) Same thing on the drivers side door, and it also would not unlock with the KEY in the door
4) The power window/locks buttons on the drivers side door fell into the inside of the door
5) The seal around the drivers side door completely fell off on my wife
6) Headlight had to be replaced after seals failed and too much moisture got it
7) Rear drivers side window leaks water

I know there has been more than that but it's been a pain. Dealer has taken care of all of this under warranty, but each turns into a 2-3 day ordeal.

Most of those are pretty minor, although the door lock issue could be considered a safety issue under certain circumstances.

All these problems appeared after about 30K miles. We are currently at 56K. Just got it back from the shop to have items 4, 5 and 7 fixed. Maybe it will hold together from here on out.

Overall, we still think its the best vehicle for our large family, and the kids love the space they have, but if these little nagging problems persist, we are considering going back to something smaller and just renting a big van for long trips.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.