Infiniti Q80

2,394 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SteveA
fairviewcrew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The wife is looking to get out of hersuburban and into a luxury SUV but still wants a 3rd row, so we've landed on the Q80.

We test drove. Seems great. Anybody own one that has longer term feedback?

I've got dealers bidding against each other and have over $11k off msrp so far. Everyone seems to have decent inventory, and some body style tweaks coming out in 2018. not sure exactly what the 2018 will look like, so not sure I want to wait around. Plus seems like good value for a luxury SUV. Thoughts?
drumboy
AG
Unlike me, I think you're missing an X.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
MarleyFeed97
AG
Bro is on his at least 4th QX80, neighbor on her second and friend just bought one... bro also had Land Rover and LX470 in between QX80s and keeps coming back to 'em so I think he/they would recommend it. Don't know anything bout upcoming changes for 2018

Wife and I like 'em but will b stepping up to suburban when we replace our current Exp
-MarleyFeed97
fairviewcrew
Thx for the feedback....

Yes, the QX80
hatchback
AG
That's not much of a downsize in overall dimensions and I doubt there will be any noticeable difference in day-to-day driving. The Suburban is 222 inches long while the QX80 is 209 inches long. But both vehicles are equally as wide and tall: approximately 80 inches wide and 76 inches tall.

Have you looked at mid-size/large crossovers? It seems that every automaker is squeezing third-row seating into their vehicles these days. Maybe something closer to a Ford Explorer or VW Atlas?
fairviewcrew
I hear you... it's actually 208.9 vs suburban at 224.4. But it is a bit smaller with the 3rd row.
We have 3 kids in car seats so not trying to go to the mid size
TXAGFAN
AG
fairviewcrew said:

I hear you... it's actually 208.9 vs suburban at 224.4. But it is a bit smaller with the 3rd row.
if your wife can't/won't drive a suburban maybe time for a minivan. They are definitely easier to drive. Trading in a vehicle for 12" seems nuts, but it's your money.

Good luck with purchase.
fairviewcrew
She's driven a suburban for 5 years.... so it's not that she can't. She just wants something a bit smaller. Let's focus less on my wife's irrational decisions and more on the QX80 reviews
Fairview
AG
Watch the resale value. My wife had two Infiniti's and the resale value on both was pretty terrible. Other than that she loved those cars.
aggiebq03+
fairviewcrew said:

We have 3 kids in car seats in a Ford Explorer. They fit easily with 2nd row captains chairs.

You should edit OP to remove that she wants a smaller vehicle, and just state that she wants a large luxury brand SUV.
fairviewcrew
I appreciate the feedback. I will look at resale value. OP edited for clarification
chimpanzee
fairviewcrew said:

I appreciate the feedback. I will look at resale value. OP edited for clarification
You can check around for a lightly used one, let the previous poor ******* soak up the depreciation.

The QX80 is on the global Nissan Patrol platform that has been around a few years. They just switched the Nissan Armada to this platform as well if you like the truck well enough and don't want/need the Infiniti premium.

But you mentioned irrational decisions regarding wives and vehicles, so I'll stop there.
JBLHAG03
AG
She better be hot.
MrJonMan
AG
This interests me as my wife loves the QX80 and has been asking for one for awhile
drumboy
AG
I loved the QX80s after checking them out when getting my wife's M37S in 2013 but now my heart has been stolen by another her name is LandCruiser. I don't what what it is but I'm a sucker for that big ole butt.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
tennisag13
AG
If y'all have any questions please shoot me an email - ncooner @ sewell dot com. Same to you OP. I've been in sales with Sewell Infiniti of Fort Worth for three and a half years now; happy to answer any questions or provide any info that would be helpful.
The Pilot
AG
Those things as ugly AF.
fairviewcrew
Ended up getting the QX80 today.... I think I got a good deal.
AgGrad99
AG
Drove one while my vehicle was in the shop recently. Loved it.
JAW3336
AG
I just rented one for 12 days and HATE the power train on it. Slow and unresponsive. Our Sequoia is way more fun to drive although it doesn't have the same bells and whistles.

Also sat in the third row a few times and it sucks back there more than the back of the sequoia.
suprafly03
AG
She should love the QX.

My wife recently got out of one and into an escalade (the long one) we needed the extra room of the suburban sized vehicle.

She loved her QX, she feels it was more fun to drive (more maneuverable) and she liked it more overall. If we didn't need the extra room she would've kept it.

We had a few electrical gremlins the entire time we had it. But I'm sure it was an anomaly as we have a few friends with them. None of their cars were problematic.

Good luck with yours.
SteveA
AG
Save $15 and get the Armada?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.