It may be time to change my own oil after TV "quick" lane experience

3,325 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CATAGBQ04
sushi94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know a lot of you guys change your own oil. I used to do it myself before job and kids took over my weekends. I've taken my vehicles to Tommie Vaughn for years. Oil change that used to take 30 min now takes 2 hours.

Their "Quick" Lane service pissed me off today so I'm venting. Oil change on my truck too 2 hours. They warned me of the wait. They claimed they rotated my tires but I really never saw them off the truck.

I understand being short handed and lunch breaks but damn 2 hours! 1ags always said their service department wasn't left something to be desired. I never really had any issues with the service department, but the quick lane is anything but quick.

If anyone has a good place where they get their Ford serviced, I would appreciate any recs.

I may have to start doing it in the driveway again!

TIA
kubiak03
AG
Used do TV service department. Seemed once they redid the place their wait times got a lot longer (maybe they are just crazy busy now)

I use planet ford on 45 in spring now. Have been very happy and they are fairly quick.
Strongwind86
AG
I've got two vehicles I've been taking to TV Quick Lane for service over the past year since I purchased my F150. Never waited more than 30 minutes for an oil change/etc.

Don't go at peak times (lunch) ?

I'm usually there before they open (7:00) - in and out in less than 30 minutes. Downtown, parked and in the office before 8:00.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
2 hours?

Coulda come to my house and back to the heights in that time.

I have FZJ80 loaner cars too....
Absolute
AG
Even hauling the ramps down out of the attic and taking my time it takes less than 30 minutes to do my cars. Plus I don't have to worry about trusting idiots I don't trust with my cars.

Let the kids help, they will think it is fun,and you will be sneakily teaching them stuff.
drumboy
AG
I need to tell my wife the Tundra oil changes take 2 hours. 15 minutes for oil change, next 105 minutes for garage beers.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Jack Cheese
AG
drumboy said:

I need to tell my wife the Tundra oil changes take 2 hours. 15 minutes for oil change, next 115 minutes for garage beers.

Well duh
Picard
AG
Absolute said:

....hauling the ramps down out of the attic....

That sounds terrible
Absolute
AG
Nah. They are plastic and light and the attic is in the garage. Just a few minutes of time. Since I have nowhere food to put them in the garage at the moment.
Ciboag96
Absolute said:

Nah. They are plastic and light and the attic is in the garage. Just a few minutes of time. Since I have nowhere food to put them in the garage at the moment.
Lawn ornamenture
CATAGBQ04
AG
You have to hit it just right, otherwise you sit for 2 hours.

If so I just pop out the laptop and do some work...or play on here
drumboy
AG
Walk to Kroger, drink a couple beers at their bar and look at women in yoga pants.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
mts6175
AG
I stopped going to TV when they tried to tell me I was due for the required exhaust system cleaning.

I drive a '15 F250 with a diesel in it if you catch my point........
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
mts6175 said:

I stopped going to TV when they tried to tell me I was due for the required exhaust system cleaning.

I went for the first oil change at their truck shop, was fairly drama free both in time and price, but they mostly only work on diesel and HD trucks.

I did the last oil change myself at the casa.
mts6175
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

mts6175 said:

I went for the first oil change at their truck shop, was fairly drama free both in time and price, but they mostly only work on diesel and HD trucks.

I talked to their truck shop manager about it when I had to get an estimate on damage after a break in. He said flat out if you own a diesel they should be doing the work, not Quick Lane.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
mts6175 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I talked to their truck shop manager about it when I had to get an estimate on damage after a break in. He said flat out if you own a diesel they should be doing the work, not Quick Lane.

Indeed. My friend that works there also told me "Everyone starts off in quicklane, so keep that in mind..."
Flaith
AG
Ramps, lay down tarp (driveway isn't paved), remove panzer plate, change oil, re-install panzer plate, car back on ground

30 mins max, and I can do it in a starched white shirt before work if I had to.

Oil changes are so quick and simple, with so much risk of someone farking it all up, I don't see any reason to not do it yourself.
JSKolache
AG
drumboy said:

I need to tell my wife the Tundra oil changes take 2 hours. 15 minutes for oil change, next 105 minutes for garage beers.
Hell it takes me that long to get it on stands and pull the skidplate...
drumboy
AG
beefiedoubleoh said:

drumboy said:

I don't need stands/ramps for my Tundra thanks to the leveling kit.
Jack Cheese
AG
Flaith said:

Ramps, lay down tarp (driveway isn't paved), remove panzer plate, change oil, re-install panzer plate, car back on ground

30 mins max, and I can do it in a starched white shirt before work if I had to.

Oil changes are so quick and simple, with so much risk of someone farking it all up, I don't see any reason to not do it yourself.

Doesn't changing the filter fark up your white shirt though
DadAG10
And the oil gets discarded where?
Absolute
AG
DadAG10 said:

Local auto parts store takes it for free.
drumboy
AG
Absolute said:

DadAG10 said:

Local auto parts store takes it for free.

City of Houston picks mine up on recycle day.
dubi
AG
drumboy said:

beefiedoubleoh said:

drumboy said:

I don't need stands/ramps for my Tundra thanks to the leveling kit.
Mr Dubi doesn't even need the leveling kit at 130 lbs.....
Guitarsoup
AG
DadAG10 said:

Base of your foundation to keep out termites
Absolute
AG
Is that a government approved pesticide application method.
Flaith
AG
da, Komrad!
Guitarsoup
AG
Trump would probably let it slide.
dubi
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Trump would probably let it slide.
Trump is busy twittering....DAMMIT!
CATAGBQ04
AG
drumboy said:

Walk to Kroger, drink a couple beers at their bar and look at women in yoga pants.
Blue star for you sir!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.