Anyone interested in a MG Midget?

2,474 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by locogringo
JAW3336
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a client who has 2 1977 MG Midgets.

One is in running condition and one is in pieces. She is a widow and just needs to sell them.

They are located in Temple

email me and I can give you her contact info.

jaw3336 at gmail
Matsui
AG
What's the value of these you think?
Duncan Idaho
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1977-mg-midget-mk_iv
Duncan Idaho
try posting here

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/content.php
Mookie
AG
I have interest in the runner. Email in profile.
JAW3336
AG
Matsui said:

What's the value of these you think?
She is asking 1800 for the one that is in running condition and I am guessing the one in pieces can be had for under a grand. She doesn't know how much to ask for it.

Boston_Ag_99
AG
I am also interested. I have an Uncle in Temple that can drop by to look at the cars this week. What is their location / contact info of the seller?
JAW3336
AG
email me jaw3336 at gmail
Boston_Ag_99
AG
Email sent. Thank you.
Tim Weaver
Dude, I just learned how incredibly easy it is to put a GM 60 degree V6 in these things. That makes it mighty tempting to grab an MG with no motor....
AG
Why would you put a 60 degree GM V6 in anything other than a trash can?

Tim Weaver
robertf03 said:

Why would you put a 60 degree GM V6 in anything other than a trash can?

Because it offers double the HP and torque, and weighs 20-30 pounds LESS than the stock motor when done.

It's dead-nuts reliable if you don't go crazy with it.

There's a kit that is very economical, and proven.

GM 60 degree's are a dime a dozen everywhere you look.

Fuel injection, if you want it.

200/200 -ish HP/torque in a car that weighs 1 ton? Yes please.

http://www.classicconversionseng.com/FAQS.htm
Tim Weaver
Also, there's the noise....

AG
buick 3800 would be more better, and in a twisted point of view its somewhat stock since the mgb gt v8 had the buick 215 which was the grandad of all "modern" (post 1960) buick v8 and v6. Lots of parts interchange.

MGB has a giant engine compartment compared to most British sports cars of that era. One guy at the White Rock British car show had a zetec in there. Looked great, but thats not exactly an easy find around here (to my knowledge) The gt-v8 clones are always nice to see. And if you're going to spend the $ for the oddball aluminum v8 you might as well get the latest and greatest rover version 4.6. D&D motors makes a t5 and some other bellhousings for it, and theres all sorts of carb and fuel injection options that are actually really reliable despite what the internet says.

Tim Weaver
robertf03 said:

buick 3800 would be more better, and in a twisted point of view its somewhat stock since the mgb gt v8 had the buick 215 which was the grandad of all "modern" (post 1960) buick v8 and v6. Lots of parts interchange.

MGB has a giant engine compartment compared to most British sports cars of that era. One guy at the White Rock British car show had a zetec in there. Looked great, but thats not exactly an easy find around here (to my knowledge) The gt-v8 clones are always nice to see. And if you're going to spend the $ for the oddball aluminum v8 you might as well get the latest and greatest rover version 4.6. D&D motors makes a t5 and some other bellhousings for it, and theres all sorts of carb and fuel injection options that are actually really reliable despite what the internet says.

The Buick 3800 is a kind of GM 60 degree. They share bellhousing bolt patterns anyway.

These V6's put out a broader torque curve and have similar numbers to a rover v8 anyways. And if you start to modify for more power, I think you'll get farther with a 60 degree there too. Remember all those nasty Buick Grand Nationals that could do wheelies at the drag strip? Putting boost on these things turns them into monsters
AG
3800 is 90 degree
ac04
i think you mean MG little person
locogringo
AG
Man I'm really interested in these but I wont have I good place for them for another month....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.