Cooling fan in F150 5.0L

525 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Wonderer
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunately I got into an accident a few months back and did some damage to my truck. It's a 2011 Platinum with 34k miles on it. After the body work was complete, and the broken parts fixed and/or replaced, the truck seems to have a weird cooling fan issue.

After the truck has sat all night and the engine is completely cool, the cooling fan will turn on a mere 15 seconds after I start up the engine. It will run for about 10 seconds and then stop. It will come back on a few minutes later and repeat the same: on for 10 seconds, then off.

I took it to the body shop who took it to two different shops. They could find no issues with wiring/sensors/etc. One repair shop said it was normal. The other one said it wasn't normal.

All I know is the fan was not doing this before the accident. When the fan kicks on, it's really obnoxious and loud. I can hear it cycling on and off when I'm sitting at a stop light as well. Not sure if it is doing it while the car is moving, or if it is simply drowned out by road noise.

Any ideas of what the problem could be and how to get it fixed?
RightWingConspirator
AG
Have I stumped the automotive board??
The Wonderer
AG
check the thermostat?

Electrical gremlins are a ***** to chase down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.