Problem with XM Radio in Car

1,850 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by frankm01
hawk-aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife has a 2009 RAV4 with AM/FM/XM radio. The AM and FM reception is fine. However, there is no XM reception, and the radio is flashing the "antenna" code. According to the owner's manual, that flashing code means that either the antenna is not connected or that it is shorted, and that we should take the car to the dealer ($$$). I've had the radio out of the dash and checked all the connections, but I don't actually know which connector is which (except one is a coax antenna), but they are all secure. The flashing code just started one day out of the blue. Any help you people could give me would be most appreciated. If you wish to send a PM, send it to mark96ss at hotmail dot com. Thanks in advance.
aTm2004
AG
Download Sirius XM app and listen via Bluetooth.
hawk-aggie
AG
Thanks, but not the direction I'm inclined to go. I'd rather fix the problem, not side step it. However, I'll keep that option on the table.

I should have included that my wife has the lifetime subscription connected to this radio. That's the main reason I want to fix the radio.
Buck O Five
AG
These are trying times we live in.
Ag03 CQE
AG
Replace your antenna. They do fail from time to time.
hawk-aggie
AG
I've got a replacement mast ordered. Should be here tomorrow.
hawk-aggie
AG
Replacement mast didn't do the trick. Problem is probably either in the antenna base or the radio - $$$$$. It's unlikely that a connection is loose, so the antenna circuit likely has a short. If I had the service manual, I could probably fix it myself........
sushi94
AG
Did you replace the antenna mast? That may only be for the regular radio. The XM may be a separate antenna to pick up satellite. Look for a small black square on the roof possibly.
Mookie
AG
That gen of toyota radios are chock full of gremlins. I just sold an 06 rav4 that I just gave up on the radio.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
need tocheck the wiring between the head unit and the antenna.
frankm01

My Sirius was out of service for several days a few months ago. Called the Reset hotline at 855 698 3373. Works since then.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.