Texas title law on total loss vehicle

2,528 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggieforester05
coop214
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently totaled my car and I repurchased the car back from the insurance company. The insurance company is telling me that I can keep my current title as-is and that I don't have to get a salvage title. On the carfax their is an entry stating that the car is "Total loss vehicle". How can a car be a total loss and still have a clean title? Is that allowed?
Naveronski
AG
It's something about only needing a salvage title if the repair cost is greater than the value of the vehicle, which is sometimes separate from the "is it totaled" value.
aggieforester05
AG
Naveronski said:

It's something about only needing a salvage title if the repair cost is greater than the value of the vehicle, which is sometimes separate from the "is it totaled" value.
If this is true, then there's a chance that repair cost was less than the total value of the vehicle, but more than the threshold that the insurance company uses to determine if the vehicle is a total loss. I think most companies use a threshold around 75% of the vehicles value.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.