Airbags for 2017 F250 2x4 Short Bed

784 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Roger That
Reloadags1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I purchased my 2017 KR SRW a few months back. There was not an option for factory 5th wheel prep since it was a short bed so I opted for a B&W gooseneck with companion hitch. The back end droops a little more than I like when hooked up with the 5th wheel so I thought aigbags would be a good idea to level it out. I'm told currently Firestone bags are out since they are not compatible with the aftermarket hitch mounts for the gooseneck. As a result the shop went to install an Air Lift system but now are saying they will not bolt up to my truck either. Apparently they have them for the 4x4 model but not the 2x4.

Does anybody have any experience here that guide me to 1) an airbag system that will bolt on with out modification, 2) an alternative to the airbag you would recommend.

Located in Spring if that help for a shop recommendation.

The Wonderer
AG
How is the rear end of a 4x4 different from a 4x2?
Reloadags1998
AG
I have no clue...that's what I have been informed. Apparently it's the placement of the brake line brackets?
The Wonderer
AG
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=49856
Reloadags1998
AG
Only repeating what Master Hitch in Spring told me here, but they said those will not work because of the B&W gooseneck hitch. I have done a little research and cant find a definitive answer so I figured I would talk to the car guys here.
The Wonderer
AG
I'd talk to a different shop and see if you get the same answer.

Did they not find a package that works with your truck?
Reloadags1998
AG
Not with the brands they offers. I've called around and it seems to be an issue. The 2x4 has a brake line bracket that would gouge the bag and rub a hole in it apparently. They are discussing a "SuperSpring" and an alternative. Any insight?
The Wonderer
AG
I'd prefer bags over helper springs if possible. Helper springs are ok if a bag system can't be found.
locogringo
AG
Fords drag ass with any weight on the back, its normal for them. They are built to be pretty, not do work.

Seriously though: maybe get in contact with B&W as they probably have figured out what to do by now (lots of people with your same problem).
Roger That
AG
Super springs will treat you well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.