Help with ABS Issue - 2009 F150

452 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wildmen03
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got in my truck after it was parked for a day and when I started it up I got a "check brake system" error message. The ABS and Brake lights are on with a flashing Traction Control light on the dash. It went away that afternoon but it's back today.

I took my truck out and put it through the paces and it seems to stop just fine. The really annoying part is I can't clear the message to see any other information on my dash.

Is this something an ODB scanner can diagnose or do I need to take it in the shop? I've read this could be a cheap fuse, a $100 wheel sensor or a $300 plus labor ABS module replacement. I'd love to replace it myself if I knew what the exact problem was.

Also is this a dealership type deal or would my local shop be able to help out?

Thanks.

agwrangler2001
AG
Coworker had this problem on his F150. It was the module.
Personally, I think I would find a reputable shop (not dealer, unless still under warranty) and let them do it.

Wildmen03
AG
Well I ran the codes with my scanner today and I got

C1266 ABS valve relay/ valve relay supply voltage fault.

But the lights are off and haven't come back on today. Luckily the code was still in the system. I'm beginning to honk there's a short somewhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.