What would you do

1,771 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MouthBQ98
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just had a friend buy a new Ford xl 4x4. It has some type of special package I do not recall. He said he paid basically 40k out the door for it.

Another friend bought a two yr old king ranch f150 with 40k miles on it for around 45k!....which would be the better buy?
mm98
AG
Not a lot of info to compare, and it ultimately depends on what kind of condition that King Ranch was in.

My immediate first thought is Friend A got ripped off paying 40K for an XL model, even if it was 4x4. My coworker wants and XLT 4x4 with the Luxury 302A package, along with more options and accessories, and he's seeing pricing between 39-42K.
AustinCountyAg
mm98 said:

My immediate first thought is Friend A got ripped off paying 40K for an XL model, even if it was 4x4. My coworker wants and XLT 4x4 with the Luxury 302A package, along with more options and accessories, and he's seeing pricing between 39-42K.

That was my first thought as well when he told me what he paid. He seemed happy like he got a great deal so I decided not to say what I really though to him
mm98
AG
Totally agree. I see a lot of people get screwed with new car buying, but they're so happy with their purchase it would be a dick move to bring it up.

Goose
AG
Neither of those options sound appealing to me, because I'm cheap. But, gun-to-my-head and I have to take one of the two deals, there's no way I'd pay $45k for a 2 year old KR F-150. Oughta be able to by brand new for not much more than that.
Duncan Idaho
Which ever has the split bench seat so I can get some roadh
AgEng06
AG
mm98 said:

Totally agree. I see a lot of people get screwed with new car buying, but they're so happy with their purchase it would be a dick move to bring it up.

Unless they post their purchase on here... because then someone will tell them.
FIDO*98*
AG
mm98 said:

This is my father in law personified. Everything he buys from trucks to guns to equipment he "knows" someone and brags about the deal he just got. 99% of the time I can google a better deal in less time than it took to read this.
Goose
AG
FIDO*98* said:

mm98 said:

This is my father in law personified. Everything he buys from trucks to guns to equipment he "knows" someone and brags about the deal he just got. 99% of the time I can google a better deal in less time than it took to read this.
Making matters worse, you probably have to apologize after buying anything like that on your own because, "you shoulda called me...I got a guy who could have made you a lot better deal on that I bet!"
MouthBQ98
AG
For me, a vehicle is a tool, not an "experience". Well, not unless I am track driving or off-roading for fun. Otherwise I am pretty much trying to get myself or something else from one location to another. The cheapest way to get that done reliably is the only rational way to go, for me.

I'd take the lower miles at the same cost if either gets the job done. Who cares about fancy trim and a bunch of electronic crap that just breaks or goes obsolete.
FIDO*98*
AG
I wish I had followed my thoughts all the way through. You absolutely nailed it
TSUAggie
FIDO*98* said:

mm98 said:

My old boss is this way and it drives me insane. Literally every single big purchase that is discussed ends with him saying "you should've called, I know this guy that could get you a great deal." 90% of the time it was a terrible deal.
TSUAggie
MouthBQ98 said:

For me, a vehicle is a tool, not an "experience". Well, not unless I am track driving or off-roading for fun. Otherwise I am pretty much trying to get myself or something else from one location to another. The cheapest way to get that done reliably is the only rational way to go, for me.

I'd take the lower miles at the same cost if either gets the job done. Who cares about fancy trim and a bunch of electronic crap that just breaks or goes obsolete.

People that spend a lot of time behind the wheel.
MouthBQ98
AG
I guess, but you're talking to someone that does 100 miles a day.

I suppose if I was a trucker or a hotshotter, or had a long sales route....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.