FS- 2009 VW Jetta SE. 110k miles

1,923 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KRamp90
rilloaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA
rilloaggie said:

Wife is looking for a new car and we need to sell hers. 2009 Jetta SE with 110k miles. Engine is the 5cyl 2.5L Automatic transmission. Big trunk and full size spare. Great car for a first driver or anyone looking for a reliable commuter. Good gas mileage. This is an 8 year old car but has been really taken care of and has no other issues than normal wear for a car its age.

The good:
One owner, non-smoker car.
Oil changed religiously and most maintenance done at dealership(oil changed last week)
Interior is very clean and has no stains.
VW brand rubber floor mats in front and back
Never been in so much as a fender bender.
Tinted windows.
Power locks and windows.
No mechanical issues.
Wiper fluid reservoir cracked and was replace under warranty in the last year.
New battery with 5 year warranty installed in the last two months.
New spark plugs around 80k(father in law was bored, don't think they needed to be replaced.)
New brake pads around 90k miles
Rear tires only have 20k miles on them, front closer to 30k. Healthy tread on both.
Still have both key remotes and the valet key.
I would estimate 30-40k of the miles are from semi-annual trips to Amarillo from Houston and frequent drives to Dallas. Lots of highway miles.

The bad:
CD player hasn't worked in years
Headlight lenses are slightly foggy(bulbs are newish, probably have a few bulbs in the trunk for various lamps)
Driver side door panel upholstery is bad. Other doors not as bad. pictures shown.
VW wheels have enamel cracking. Nothing structural but not exactly pretty. Pictures shown
AC takes a minute to get cold now on really hot days. Evac and recharge done two weeks ago. Has helped.
Check engine light is sporadic(on for 2-3 days, off for 4-5 weeks). Pulled code and it indicated dirty MAP sensor. Online recommendations show replacing it and PCV valve diaphragm should correct the issue. This is $50-75 in parts and an afternoon of work if you want to mess with it. Haven't noticed any change in performance or mileage so we haven't felt the need to work on it.

I'm located in West Houston but don't mind traveling to BCS, Austin or other near by areas for someone who's seriously interested. Looking to sell to an Ag before posting on craigslist and playing that game. Asking $6,000. Email is tristan.fithen at gmail dotcom if you're interested. Thanks for looking.

Good luck with the sale.

Let whomever is looking at it know that the PCV fix is EASY. We've done several in the last month or so. The MAP sensor change/cleaning is easy too. PCV going bad gets oil on it.

VW door cards are a dime-a-dozen, so to speak. They can buy replacements here. Blake is a good guy and constantly acquires new cars to part out.
Flaith
AG
A/C issue is most likely the Refrigerant Control Valve (RCV).

Need to evacuate the system, replace the valve, recharge, and that should fix that issue.

https://www.polarbearinc.com/index.cfm/product/11397/ex-030.htm
Jack Cheese
AG
Damn, I'd be all over that either for my daughter or myself as a commuter but I'm not in the market until October.

I hope you have a really crappy time selling it and I'll scoop it up in a few months.
rilloaggie
AG
Bump, price drop. Somebody gimme $4750!!
Sticks&Stones
AG
Still available?
KRamp90
AG
Interested!
Illl wait in line if it's still available. Daughter headed to college. Don't want to step on toes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.