SUV Shopping Colorado

1,263 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by An Ag in CO
The Lost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry if there are other threads, feel free to link me to them, I tried to search and failed.

I've driven an 01 explorer sport since i could drive and it is now time to replace now that its at 190K miles and transmission is starting to slip.

I've got a budget of around 30K and would like another midsize SUV (maybe truck if it seems practical) suitable for my new home in Colorado (both commute and hiking/skiing trips in the mountain so 4x4/AWD necessary).

I've been thinking Cherokee/Grand Cherokee but am still kind of concerned about reliability. Any thoughts? Starting to test drive and sit in a bunch this week since my old Ford is all I know and I want to do my due diligence. My dad has an escape and i hate driving it due to blind spots so i think small crossovers are out.
An Ag in CO
AG
Prestige on Colfax in Lakewood has a 2011 Porsche Cayenne with 55K miles for $29.9K, which you can probably lower by 10% - 15%.
coolerguy12
AG
4X4 4Runner fits your needs nicely. They can feel a little small though if you're a big guy.
ursusguy
AG
Older Honda Ridgeline. Worked like a champ in Colorado and Vermont.
BQ2001
AG
I'd go look all over Lakewood for Hail damaged cars. I guess everyone else who got their car totaled will be doing that too though
Dill-Ag13
AG
Outback 3.6R
AG
When did it hail in Lakewood? Guess my tree did its job

Get a v8 or something with a turbo. Elevation sucks
drewser95
AG
robertf03 said:

When did it hail in Lakewood? Guess my tree did its job
Lakewood, CO
The Lost
BQ2001 said:

I'd go look all over Lakewood for Hail damaged cars. I guess everyone else who got their car totaled will be doing that too though

I saw there were some deals, but wasn't sure how that effects insurance/resale. Thoughts?
BQ2001
AG
Insurance it shouldn't change much. Resale I'm sure you'd take a hit if you don't fix it but I do t really look into that for my purchases. I got about 3k off my F150 for minor hail damage and it doesn't bother me.

If you are just going around Denver and hitting the ski resorts a few times a year you'll be ok 95% of the time with even front wheel drive. Get some snow tires for the other times.
An Ag in CO
AG
Even the cars that will be repaired before sale will be sold at pretty good discounts. Not sure how they'll decide which to sell as is and which ones will be repaired first. Prestige told me they had 65 Porsche customer cars (in for service) damaged and 150 Audis were damaged. They said the place was crawling with insurance people taking photos. I had my car in a couple of days after the hail and walked around and it was a pretty sad sight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.