Car Researching - Rear Seat Size?

1,355 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Goat Man
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We like Mrs. Fife's VW CC, but at some point a second kid will come along and we're going to need something that can fit three in the rear seat instead of only two. Aside from pulling up models individually and looking at their specifications, is there a way to pull this information all at once, for example by model year?

The reason is, we like how the car seat doesn't touch the front seat and that will be a pretty big factor with whatever we go next. With her VW and my Volvo Mr. Awesome can kick around back there all he wants and it won't drive anyone crazy.
Javelina
AG
Good luck with that; I don't know of anyone that has taken the time to catalog that information and provide it somewhere. I went through the same thing replacing my FJ.

IB suck it up and get a minivan.
Jack Cheese
AG
Javelina said:

IB suck it up and get a minivan.

OP needs to suck it up and get a minivan.
aggie_wes
AG
You're SOL.
Dr. Venkman
AG
http://www.thecarconnection.com has specs like that in one place.
The Fife
Haha, we had the conversation already but she's more into 4 door / non-SUV cars. I've assumed we'd be looking at something full size since the seat bumps the front seat on other cars we've put it in (brother's TSX for example). We really like her VW but she likes to sit in the back seat so she can keep the one year old from crying and we'll need something without a rear console once there are 2.

I'm thinking about roughly 2015-2017 models since I'm assuming this is something we'll have to deal with in a year or two and we like to buy nearly new.
Tube
I'm not real sure much is going to be comfortable enough for an adult to sit between two car seats.
The Fife
Tube said:

I'm not real sure much is going to be comfortable enough for an adult to sit between two car seats.
(Mrs Fife)
Yeah you're right. I was thinking mostly about trips in town. Those are usually 30 minutes or less and I'm back there now to pick up the baby's bottle when he drops it and starts crying.
Tagguy
AG
The Fife said:

Car Researching - Rear Seat Size?

We like Mrs. Fife's VW CC, but at some point a second kid will come along
If you look for a car with a tinyl back seat the chances of a second kid are greatly reduced.

EMY92
AG
1ags probably has a spare lying around:

Might not be new enough for you.
Macarthur
Accord has some of the most leg room of the midsize sedans.

But sounds like you need a MV.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
EMY92 said:

I drove it to work today....
Jack Cheese
AG
EMY92 said:

EXACTLY what I was going to suggest. Too funny.
The Fife
EMY92 said:

Marauder FTW!

If this were going to be for me, yeah. Or a CTS-V wagon, V90 or (insert B-body wagon with LS swap here).
aggiebq03+
Maybe get a Tesla and put the kids in the trunk?
Goat Man
AG
The Fife said:

Tube said:

UI'm not real sure much is going to be comfortable enough for an adult to sit between two car seats.
(Mrs Fife)
Yeah you're right. I was thinking mostly about trips in town. Those are usually 30 minutes or less and I'm back there now to pick up the baby's bottle when he drops it and starts crying.
The wife and I were in the same spot 3 years ago. We moved Mom to the front seat and left baby in back to fend for himself. It worked out ok for us and the little guy. Amazingly the older sister was a big help in calming the little guy down. This all worked out in an Accord.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.