Do you honk your horn?

5,064 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FincAg
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I mistakenly hit the horn right after we got one of those new flashing yellow lights. I don't know why but I had green arrow on my mind. The dude in front of me got out of his car and started walking towards my car like he wanted to fight. Since he was about 6' 8" and solid muscle, I decided it wasn't in my best interest and declined. Some people take horn honking way too seriously.

When I was working in Hawaii, one of the first things they did was warn me not to honk, because the big Hawaiian women would get out and try to fight you.
JSKolache
AG
Regularly

2 short beeps = light changed so move along
honk = drifting into lane, one phone, etc.
lay on it = blocking the intersection
aggiebq03+
Bighamp03 said:

aggiebq03+ said:

I now flash my lights and honk at people who are in the left lane and not actively passing someone.

Tell me more about this. I want to do it, but I think that people will end up being even bigger ***** because of it. What percentage of people actually move over and then don't end up shooting you?

Probably about 25-30% move over.
The other 75% is why I drive a car with 450hp. I just pass them on the right and then cut them off.
Silvy
AG
Happened this morning to me, homeboy was in a CCLB F350 w/ 7.3. He was rolling coal trying to keep me from passing...it did not work.
aggiebq03+
This is the part that really pisses me off. When they are doing 70 until you try to pass and then suddenly want to do 80.

Happened on my way home. Really enjoyed cutting that ******* off. Course he slowed back down to 70 once I got a few car lengths ahead of him. Didn't move his slow ass out of the left lane though.

If I was a cop this is the only ticket I would give. Driving in left lane while not passing someone.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
France used to have a law banning honking except in a dire emergency !

Probably no longer a law ,

I only honk when it is obvious the driver at a red light is asleep, or on the phone !
FincAg
AG
I am more inclined to flash my brights at someone who is in a right turn only and obviously not aware of their surroundings. Likewise, a quick flash if the light is green and it has been a couple seconds.

Where the horn comes into play is when jack wagons run red lights turning left across my dash, I pull up a bit, lay on the horn, and scare the hell out of them. Most of the time they look like this.

As far as people camping in the left lane, as long as no one is to the right of them, I pass on the right and wave. Going down 45 and two folks are matching speeds? Left lane, flash high beams, if no response a quick tap of the horn. Not as forgiving of people not staying in their lane. They get the horn and wide clearance.

Lastly, my mom's side of the family has always tapped hullabaloo on the horn when leaving a family member's house, and I am the only Aggie on that side of the family.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.