need a appraisal on boat trailer - insurance adjuster? dealer?

4,136 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Champ190
sjislepilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey auto board,

I did the big bad thing and bought a boat/trailer/motor - but ran into a bunch of trouble trying to get my trailer registered (wasn't a title, but didn't actually need a title since you don't need for under 4K lbs). Turns out the VIN belonged to someone else and the guy I bought it from never transferred it over. Then he went and got a homemade trailer registration and was trying to pass it off on me. I'm trying to be legal and looking to apply for a bonded title. Turns out I need a VTR 125 form filled out to get an actual assessed value so they can tax me.

The trailer is a 16' tracker 1992 made by the tracker marine manufacturing co. I bought it for $300 on the bill of sale, but I actually had tracker send me a quote as to what it should be valued at... came back at $130. I can share with you or whatever is necessary?

Just hoping an actual insurance adjuster or dealer with a proper license number could help me out. I'm happy to reimburse/send photos of trailer or meet up in the area? I'm in College Station- I realize this is really trivial. Or maybe just communicate by email?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Champ190
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see this is an old post, but was curious if you able to get this resolved? I'm going through a similar issue. Right now I'm trying to find someone to value my trailer with DMV form VTR-125. Any suggestions? I'm in the Dallas area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.