Had a guy casing my house

5,963 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BrazosDog02
OneProudAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today around 11am. I have a great picture of the license plate and the perp. Don't know how to post pics from my phone. I'm an old. Can this board help or is this an outdoor board request.
Al Bula
AG
Post it on TinyPic.com, copy the link and paste it into a new post. There is a TinyPic app.
OneProudAg
AG
OneProudAg
AG
OneProudAg
AG
redag06
I know where you live.

Saw your post on nextdoor. I hope you catch the trash.
OneProudAg
AG
I can't pm you. Do we know each other?
dubi
AG
You called the police????
OneProudAg
AG
My neighbor did. He works from home.
redag06
No, just saw your suspicious vehicle post on next door though.
Al Bula
AG
Did that dude walk into your backyard? No grand jury in Texas would indict you for dropping his sorry ass.
OneProudAg
AG
I was at work. Neighbor came to my door and showed me the pics as soon as I got home. Had I been home Glock 19 would have had an empty clip.
robertcope
You can't just shoot people because they're in your backyard, even in Texas.
dubi
AG
robertcope said:

Well if they were in my backyard and I felt threatened......
Ag for Life
AG
OneProudAg said:

I was at work. Neighbor came to my door and showed me the pics as soon as I got home. Had I been home Glock 19 would have had an empty clip.

What about the magazine?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
he's 36 now.. looks like he got arrested in 2002 for failure to provide identification, but i haven't found anything else yet. He was being ticketed for parking in a handicap spot.
Wildmen03
AG
Time to get a lock on that fence.

Also I'd take a few days off of work, go park our vehicle elsewhere and sit on the back patio and wait for that ****er to show up again.
Complete Idiot
If he's a criminal he's really bad at it. Parking in the middle of the street with the door open, running around in broad daylight with bright red shorts and wife beater? The attention ***** of thieves, if that is what he is up to.

When snapping the photo did your neighbor ask him what he was doing? Did he respond at all to getting his photo taken?
OneProudAg
AG
He hid. Neighbor told him cops were on the way. That's when he came out from behind the fence.
JAW3336
AG
OneProudAg said:

. Had I been home Glock 19 would have had an empty clip.
really?
GarlandAg2012
AG
Good idea, premeditate it!
Wildmen03
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

That's nothing of the sort.

There's a lock on the fence and you are allowed to have a gun on you on your property. The second that guy hops the fence or breaks in through a door or window your life is in danger and you are allowed to defend yourself.
bevokilla
AG
Wildmen03 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

There's a lock on the fence and you are allowed to have a gun on you on your property. The second that guy hops the fence or breaks in through a door or window your life is in danger and you are allowed to defend yourself.
And now his plan has been laid out on the internet days in advance
Wildmen03
AG
bevokilla said:

Wildmen03 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

And now his plan has been laid out on the internet days in advance
Not his plan, it's my plan. He has said nothing of the sort.
txyaloo
AG
robertcope said:

You can't?

Quote:

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
While the OP's incident didn't happen at night, you can use deadly force at night to stop the imminent commission of burglary, theft, or criminal mischief at night. I bet a reasonable person in Texas would conclude someone simply in your backyard at night might be committing one of those crimes.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Take it to the politics board...
tk for tu juan
Maybe he had a turtlehead popping out and needed to find somewhere to go quickly. Might want to check your bushes.
dubi
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

Take it to the politics board...
Outdoors board is a little more protective of personal property.....
Centerpole90
AG
Politics?

This thread is missing its full potential. OB would be 2-3 pages with instructions for the best place to deploy claymores.
Centerpole90
AG
posted @ same time. we think alike.
dubi
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Politics?

This thread is missing its full potential. OB would be 2-3 pages with instructions for the best place to deploy claymores.
If you keep a spare gun in your den, living room, kitchen, and bedroom for self protection, then you just might be a redneck on the Automotive Board.
Centerpole90
AG
When the open carry/best self defense round multiplier gets to high over there - I come here.

And I'm a GUN GUY!!
LeftyAg89
AG
He's a cowgirl fan, that explains it all!
HBCanine08
AG
Is this in Pearland?
The Wonderer
AG
Good lord there are some gun-happy folks here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.