I need a cheap used vehicle

1,367 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Good Aggieboy19
clintaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in the process of moving my mom to a 55+ duplex place in College Station. Her old car is shot. She only drives about 5,000 miles per year all around town (she won't drive on freeways anymore). The only real requirements are 4 doors because she occasionally will take a grandchild somewhere and an automatic. I really don't know where to start.

She is on a very limited budget and is insisting that she pays for the car herself. Any leads or help would be appreciated.
JP76
Can't go wrong with a Toyota

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/6094056629.html
TSW2012
AG
Ultra low mileage lease?

We did that for my grandfather, drove simalar miles and didn't know how long he'd be driving. Put him in a new, safe, reliable car.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TSW2012 said:

Ultra low mileage lease?

We did that for my grandfather, drove simalar miles and didn't know how long he'd be driving. Put him in a new, safe, reliable car.
179/mo for a corolla, 199/mo for a Camry or Rav4....
The Wonderer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

TSW2012 said:

Ultra low mileage lease?

179/mo for a corolla, 199/mo for a Camry or Rav4....
This is one of the times that a lease makes complete sense.
clintaggie04
AG
Thanks guys. I hadn't even considered a lease.
Goose
AG
I think the lease makes good sense if your mom is still a good driver, i.e. she's not prone to wrecking cars. If she tends to bounce off stuff while driving, the full coverage and/or diminished value at trade in could become costly and a cheaper vehicle with liability-only insurance might make better sense. Just my 2 cents.
Dill-Ag13
AG
The Wonderer said:

This is one of the times that a lease makes complete sense.
clintaggie04
AG
Is that your car or just a listing on Craigslist?
dubi
AG
JP76 said:

Can't go wrong with a Toyota

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/6094056629.html
A 2005 Corolla won't have side curtain airbags. I consider that to be a requirement in buying a used car.
redd38
AG
If you can wait a few more weeks I find that the end of the semester is a great time to buy used cars in College Station. Especially from foreign students that just graduated or have to go back to their home country for whatever reason.
aTm2004
AG
redd38 said:

If you can wait a few more weeks I find that the end of the semester is a great time to buy used cars in College Station. Especially from foreign students that just graduated or have to go back to their home country for whatever reason.

The Good Aggieboy19
AG
I'm about to sell my truck for very cheap. It's an '03 Chevy Avalanche, I think around 275,000 miles. It runs fine but has a lot of wear & tear to it (the door holds in the passenger seat and drivers seat ripped off) and the tailgate is having trouble opening. I'm either selling it for cheap or just going to sell it for parts. My email is aggboy19@gmail if you want to give it a look
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.